Channel changes in UK (1 Viewer)

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ITV3 should be on channel 10, the 770-799 range is for some tests or old versions of channels/retune messages, a retune message for Sewing Quarter is the only one at present. IIRC when channels are testing under Unknown xxxx they don't have a channel number and are hidden from Freeview boxes and TVs.

Channel numbers default to 10000 in MP, when it isn't able to find the number during the scan, it does understand the format used for Freeview. You'll have to edit them manually (Crystal Palace list here) or delete the channels and try to scan again.

RVR

Portal Member
May 9, 2016
Home Country
Thanks for all the responses, but I am a novice at TV stuff and not sure I understand how this needs to change the xml files for Media Portal.

Tried to change the current Media Portal file for Hannington which resulted in no channels found. What am I doing wrong?

Cybersimian - thanks for the link to the web site, the change on the 18th April 2018 needed a retune of all the TV's which find all the channels. However I could not seem to find the frequencies from that web site, just the channel numbers. How do you convert these to frequencies for the XML file for Hannington?

Regards
Roger R.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
  1. Download Current 18 April.zip from UK Freeview DVB-T update.
  2. Copy UK.Hannington.xml from the zip file to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt\ and overwrite the existing file (backup or rename the old file first if you want to, it's also available on GitHub).
  3. Open TV-Server Configuration and scan for channels as usual.
The xml for UK.All Regions contains both frequencies and UHF channels if you want to double check.

There's also a notice about an aerial group change from B to T for COM7, COM8 and local TV - http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/__data/a.../700MHz_clearance_Q3_2018_Meridian.pdf#page=3

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I could not seem to find the frequencies from that web site, just the channel numbers.
    Apologies -- you are quite correct; the digitaluk site shows the MUXes and UHF channel numbers for each transmitter, but not their frequencies.

The frequencies are equally spaced, at 8MHz intervals. So if you know one frequency and UHF channel number, you can calculate the frequencies for all other UHF channel numbers. However, the following web page might be easier to use; look at the first column (UHF channel number), and last column (centre frequency for digitial TV):

UHF channel and frequency guide

Hopefully, the files provided by @Jasmeet_181 have solved your problem.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    JA: I deleted the Unknown records from the database and rescanned, two days ago. ITV3 still came up as channel number 10000. I've edited the records to change the channel number to 10. But the same issue exists with ITV4 which also has a channel number of 10000 as well as several other channels.

RV: Like you, I would also like to know how to determine what frequencies to scan for.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom