Channel Changing speeds (1 Viewer)

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
Unfortunately with work commitments, I've not had any time to devote to this, but hope to be able to do something in the next week.

One interesting thing I just found...

I just gave the latest TVE3 a go, and performance does seem to be considerably better with the DVICO Dual 4. I'm getting around 5 seconds for channel changes now (TVE3 previously was still above 10 seconds). Initial load of the MyTV is still slow at around 10 seconds, but channel changes are now looking pretty good.

Now if I can get the blaster to work properly for my analog card, and get PVRScheduler 1.5.5 fully tested against the TVE3, I think I'll finally change across, as it does do pretty much everything I need (except WebInterface, but I guess I can live without that)!

Gang (esp Frodo), thanks for all the hard work and ongoing improvements, I think TVE3 is looking pretty good for a full release soon... excellent work!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now if I can get the blaster to work properly for my analog card, and get PVRScheduler 1.5.5 fully tested against the TVE3

PVRScheduler 1.5.6 is a new version specifically for TVE3.

check it out at the PVRSscheduler homepage.

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Sorry... meant to say 1.5.6.

It works very well, the plugin isn't completed yet, but otherwise it works perfectly in my testing.

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    One thing that I have noticed with the Digital Watch software that makes channel changes lightning fast when switching between two channels is that it uses both tuners, ie it always keeps your last channel running on the other tuner, and starts the new tuner.

That way there are already two established and tuned streams, and so channel changes are sub second.

The current TVE2 doesn't do this, but I was wondering if the new TVE3 is planned to do something like this. Would make things really nice if you were switching between two channels.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    pls. give me some channel changing speeds with analogue tv cards?
    just for compare with my setup
    pls. give some detailes (CPU, mpeg2 codec, tv card name, ts on/off)

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom