Channel is scrambled, despite working CI and CAM (1 Viewer)

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I just formatted my computer and installed MePo (TV-Server) again. After that, all Sky (Germany) channels were not decrypted any more. All clients and the "TV Setup.exe" are saying "channel is scrambled".

During configuration, I activated "Cam is present for this card". I removed all channels and did many new scans, but this didn't help.

Then I installed the software of the tv card (Terratec Home Cinema), tuned to a Sky channel (Discovery Channel) and it worked perfectly.

The log says following (full log included as an attachment)

log said:
    2011-12-19 14:31:49.865782 [(18)]: card: WaitForTimeShiftFile - no audio was found after 15,0072263 seconds
    2011-12-19 14:31:49.865782 [(18)]: card: WaitForTimeShiftFile - audio and video stream is scrambled

My Setup:

This machine is a TV-Server (dedicated). It provides the streams to the clients

This is what's working:

- Providing the TV-Stream to clients
    - Timeshift-testing in TV-Setup (only for free-to-air channels)
    - Recording
    - Accessing the CI-Interface through the Terratec Home Cinema software
    - etc..

What isn't working

- Decrypting all the Sky (Germany) channels. In general it works, but not with MediaPortal.

What I just tried

- Driver update
    - Clean MePo install
    - Reinstall BDA Driver
    - Operating System: Updates and hotfixes, including SP1

My System Specs:

- TV-Card 1: Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD with CI
    - TV Card 2: Terratec CInergy S2 USB w/o CI
    - TV-Card 1 Driver: 1.1.2.501 (latest)
    - BDA driver installation based on the how to - all files were correctly installed and copied.

Please... can you help me? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi King-S

I just formatted my computer and installed MePo (TV-Server) again. After that, all Sky (Germany) channels were not decrypted any more. All clients and the "TV Setup.exe" are saying "channel is scrambled".
    So to clarify: decryption was working previously in MP? What version of MP, OS, and tuner driver version were you using when it worked?

During configuration, I activated "Cam is present for this card". I removed all channels and did many new scans, but this didn't help.
    So the channels are found in the scan but not decrypted?

I take it you're aware that we don't support this operating system? I'm not saying that we won't try to help you - just that we don't guarantee MP to work on that operating system.

mm

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey mm,

Thanks for your reply. I previously used mp (latest version), with the latest tv card driver and win 2008 (earlier win 2003 for more than a year).

For 4 weeks I installed win 2008 - I know that mp officially doesn't support server systems - and all was working fine. After formatting and reinstalling win 2008 I had this problem.

But I finally solved it:
    I realised, that -somehow- the hd channels were working. So I called the sky hotline and the told me to switch to sky krimi. Then they sended me a "strong signal" (like they told me) and the cam got the information how to decrypt it again. The clue is, that alphacrypt with an s02 card is not officially supported by sky and lost the decrypt settings. After receiving the strong dignal, all is working fine again.

MediaPortal on Win 2008 R2 x64 with Terratec is working like a charm. No freezes, no stuttering, all functions are available. That's media entertainment!

Thanks for your reply. The thread can be marked as solved. But if you/or somebody else have/has any questions, I can share my expieriences with you - of course.

Happy holidays and a nice christmas!

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I'm happy to hear that you found a solution. *Thank you* also for reporting the solution. :D

Happy holidays and a nice christmas!
    Likewise to you. :)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom