channel is scrambled error (1 Viewer)

Sharky

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Maybe this is related to bug id 0000974? Otherwise i think this should be registred as a bug since many people are experiencing the same problem and there are lots of error logs.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi, I've seen this problem too. I have an Irdeto II CAM. How would I get into a "CAM menu" Is there some special CAM software that can access the CAM via my technotrend CI slot or via PCMCIA in my laptop? Sorry for my ignorance. I've only just got the CAM and smartcard. I only had FTA before that. And most of the time it just works ok. But yes I have seen this error. Normaly after the third atempt to view the channel it works but tonight I couldn't get it to work, I re-plugged the CAM, restarted TV Server then again on the thrid attempt it worked.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ Rhys. Goodwin:

In my case (FireDTV DVB-C) there is a seperate application bundled with the drivers which allows me to control the CAM options. I don't know how this works with TT cards. Maybe you should have a look at the manufacturers homepage for a hint.

-level20peon

SCHRANK

February 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have a Fire DTV too. But with the MCECICONSOLE i can't enter the settings of the cam. If I select Settings no menu points are displayed. Ther is just a empty textbox.

Is there any thirdparty software available to cofigure the ci?

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But with the MCECICONSOLE i can't enter the settings of the cam.

What programm do you mean ? I use the one that is bundled with the drivers, the exact name is "CommonInterface.exe".

ci1.gif

ci2.gif

-level20peon

SCHRANK

February 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry i was wrong. I have a Twinhan DTV. The application to access the CI MODULE is called MCECICONSOLE. It's themes to be very buggy. So I'm looking for a third party software.

thx anyway

kellizer2

Portal Member
    December 3, 2006
    I also have this issue with an S2-3200 & the T-Rex CAM (4.1). When CAM is in, changing channels is temperamental, works when changing a few channels (scrambled & un-scrambled) then the TvServer3 goes back to the start of the time shift stream of the previous channel or turns the stream blank. This issue is seen in both the TVServer preview & the mediaportal application

tried the same in TVServer 2 with no noticeable issues - can switch between scrambled & un-scambled channels If you need any logs or data, testing from please please let me know.

other than this - the TV Server is looking solid & a great piece of software.

Many Thanks,

Ian.

johandm_be

Portal Member
    April 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I can confirm I see the same issue.

I have tried both a TT S2-3200 and a FireDTV card.
    My card is an original/official TV Vlaanderen card.
    I have tried 2 types of CAMs : an original/official TV Vlaanderen/Canal Digitaal Mediaguard CAM, and also a T-REX twin module.
    I see the problem in any of the 4 possible combinations.

whitey

Portal Member
    July 24, 2005
    Notts, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I also have this issue with an S2-3200 & the T-Rex CAM (4.1). When CAM is in, changing channels is temperamental, works when changing a few channels (scrambled & un-scrambled) then the TvServer3 goes back to the start of the time shift stream of the previous channel or turns the stream blank. This issue is seen in both the TVServer preview & the mediaportal application

tried the same in TVServer 2 with no noticeable issues - can switch between scrambled & un-scambled channels If you need any logs or data, testing from please please let me know.

other than this - the TV Server is looking solid & a great piece of software.

Many Thanks,

Ian.

I have the same hardware and get exactly the same issues too

Whitey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom