Channel Names not coming from tvguide.xml (1 Viewer)

webdes03

Portal Member
June 28, 2006
I just did a fresh install of XMLTV on MP 1.0 and I'm having issues with the channel names. All of my channels are detected, but the TV Channels menu is showing them as 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. XMLTV has successfully pulled the channel names as the Plugins->XmlTv -> Mappings screen shows the channel names correctly. How do I get the XMLTV channel name data to go to my guide so they're not named 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If the channels have names but are not being pulled in correctly when tuning, then edit them to the correct names, once done you may have to stop\restart TVService or reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    I have tested TvGuide via EPG Buddy and Schedules direct XMLTV. I successfully download a large listing of channels. For example: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd"> <tv source-info-name="Schedules Direct" generator-info-name="mc2xml" generator-info-url="mailto:mc2xml@gmail.com"> <channel...
    I have tested TvGuide via EPG Buddy and Schedules direct XMLTV. I successfully download a large listing of channels. For example...
    I have tested TvGuide via EPG Buddy and Schedules direct XMLTV. I successfully download a large listing of channels. For example...
    Replies
    Views
    In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be safe but make sure you have a backup before you try this! Simple scenario to demonstrate. 2 cards both on A/B diseqc switches. In each case A connects to LNB pointed at Satelite 1, and B to Sat 2...
    In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be...
    Started on: 2020-08-25 last update: 2020-08-25 Summary: Add the ability to sort or restrict channels by group in mapping dialog...
    Replies
    Views
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
    Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks MM for your help. Last I said I was getting channels but the tuner wasn't tuning any channels. Went through your setup wiki once more and now I have TV again! Thanks again...on to fine tune it now.
    Thanks MM for your help. Last I said I was getting channels but the tuner wasn't tuning any channels. Went through your setup wiki...
    Been using WMC since 2013 using Hauppage DCR-2650 with cable card and Verizon FIOS. Now that MS pulled the plug on EPG data, I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom