channel renaming and channel number keep reverting (1 Viewer)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Good morning,

I'm trying to figure out what keeps reverting all of my channel names and station numbers back to "default" values. I do use SchedulesDirect for EPG data, so this might be playing into it all.

Regardless, I tried to clean up my channel guide by shortening some station names and changing their channel numbers to more "user-friendly" numbers. For instance, ATSC Physical Channel 22.1 WCAX is known locally as 3 - WCAX (it's virtual channel ID, due to the analog/digital conversion mess). The ATSC scan grabbed it and named it as "WCAX-HD" originally, so I cleaned it up and renamed it to 3 - WCAX. Unfortunately, hours later, it changed itself to "3 WCAX-HD".

While I can just give up on renaming the channels to some degree, the "channel number" field is getting reverted on some stations, as well. For instance, WCAX has an ATSC sub-channel called 3.2 (virtual number), that I went ahead and set to Channel Number "4", so I can easily tune to it with the remote control. This keeps getting reverted to "3", the main virtual channel's number.

I have not done another ATSC channel scan since changing the channel numbers or IDs. is this SchedulesDirect causing this issue? I have all of the Channel Naming features turned off in the SchedulesDirect plugin v1.3.0.1.

Thanks!

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I'm 90+% sure this is caused by SD-plugin, I saw this when I was playing with SD-plugin and compiled a personal test version. See main SD forum message thread.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...pdated-august-2010.26951/page-88#post-1104688

@mm1352000 has a fix for this, not sure what steps are needed to make the fixed version the "official" release. see the following for a fixed version, this does not have the updated SD URL/IP address changes from Nov 1 2014, so you still need the etc\hosts workaround.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-numbering-changes.124291/page-2#post-1071392

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Got it - thanks, RonD! I posted my remaining question on the other thread. It looks like that fix prevents the channel numbers from being changed, but doesn't state whether or not it also prevents the channel's display name from being changed when the EPG update runs.

Thank you for those links!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom