Channel scan - DVB-C (1 Viewer)

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Is it possible to find the freqs of the missing channels from TV?
I don't have DVB-C receiver in my TV, so I cannot try with my TV.

SoerenB

Portal Member
February 20, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
On some TVs perhaps. I don't think it is possible on my (budget) Philips TV - then again, I am not in your particular area.
Are you sure nothing is on 730MHz (Symbol rate 6875, modulation 64 QAM)?

Perhaps you can try to contact the authors of the two lists mentioned in earlier posts?
Perhaps DVBViewer can find the channels and present the frequency they are in.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again folks

I have 66 channels now, but still far away from complete
    How many channels are you expecting to find? It seems from the channels that you found and other Yousee tuning details that they are using an 8 MHz spacing. The "global" set is missing quite a few frequencies, so I have added them in and I'm attaching it to this post. Please copy it into C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbc (note: that is a hidden folder so paste the path into the address bar in Windows explorer or enable viewing of hidden and system files and folders) and overwrite the old file. After that, restart TV Server configuration, delete all channels, and perform a full scan with the Yousee global option. Please provide the scan log files afterwards so that I can assemble an up-to-date file for your region.

Just tried this, and it found 4 additional channels, but I don't know which freq are they from......
    In future you can check that in the tuning details.
    1. Go to the TV Channels section in TV Server configuration.
    2. Select one of the new channels.
    3. Click edit.
    4. Select the row in the bottom area.
    5. Click edit.
    6. Frequency will be listed there.

Merry Christmas! :)

mm

Attachments

• Denmark.Yousee Global.xml
      10.3 KB

somy

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2010
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi mm1352000,

Thank you for the help!
    I have already tried to scan the missing channels one by one manually without luck, tonight I'll try all frequencies between 143 and 900 MHZ with a step of 1 MHZ and post my result here. I don't know if this is good enough as I noticed some standard frequencies has a step of 0.5 MHZ such as 50.5 MHZ.
    I hope this issue has nothing to do with my TV card (TerraTec Cinergy C PCI HD) or/and the driver.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I doubt there is anything wrong with your tuner. It is not the tuner's job to detect whether the channel is scrambled or not - that is TV Server's job. It *is* very possible that TV Server is not correctly detecting whether the channels are scrambled or not. You can try to change the scrambled flag on one of the channels and see if you can view it.

1. Go to the TV Channels section in TV Server configuration.
    2. Find and select one of the channels that is missing an unscrambled version.
    3. Click edit.
    4. Select the tuning detail in the bottom area.
    5. Click edit.
    6. Tick "Free To Air".
    7. Click OK and OK again.
    8. Try to view the channel.

mm

somy

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2010
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hmmm, it seems that the channels are indeed scrambled.
    I got the error msg saying "Preview failed: ChannelIsScrambled"

OK, some update:
    To make sure that the issue isn't caused by my TV tuner, I tried the cable from my bedroom (luckly I have a 20 meters TV cable there), and guess what, I can find all missing channels on frequency 730 MHz which I couldn't find using the cable from my living room. I then did the next experiment - remove the cable from my bedroom and plug in the cable from my living room. Again I couldn't find anything on 730 MHz, but the channels are still there. I then tried to watch one channel and got the error message saying "Preview failed: NoPmtFound".

Could this be caused by my wall socket or cheap TV cable (but only 2 meters long) I use in my living room?

SoerenB

Portal Member
    February 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could this be caused by my wall socket or cheap TV cable (but only 2 meters long) I use in my living room?

Yes, or the 30 meters of cable between the wall socket in your bedroom and in you living room :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom