Channel Scan fails - MAUI III - XPSP3 (1 Viewer)

sjl1986

January 20, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
:) Hello everyone. I've searched all over the forums and the rest of the internet in search of an answer to this question, so if it's out there and I overlooked it, I apologize. Here's my problem.

I'm trying to set up a TV server to use as a PVR for my Cable TV. I'm using a MAUI-III. I don't have the latest and greatest, but I wanted to see if I could get by with some old parts. I found the drivers for the MAUI and everything installs correctly. I've tested the tuner with MovieMill as well as Orb (and it works excellently with both). With TV-Server however, I'm unable to scan channels. Today I upgraded to the latest software hoping it would fix it. It shows that there is "no signal" on the cable I have plugged in. I know this is not true because I've never had a problem with the cable signal being weak. Also, I have actually run the scan WHILE using the MovieMill application to watch and see if it cuts out at all. I'm not sure both applications can detect the channels at once, but it was a last chance stab test.

I'm completely out of ideas other than to try the TV server that is built into MediaPortal. I wasn't sure if it was relevant to me or not, but I tried the DVBFix I've seen people mention and this was no help either. I also tried another USB TV-Tuner with the same results in TV Server.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!!!

TV-Server Version 1.0.0.0 (Downloaded Today)
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 (Same as above)
MediaPortal Skin:: Default
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional with SP3
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.4ghz
HDD: 30GB + 1.5TB Maxtor and Seagate
Memory: 512MB PC2100
Motherboard:
Video Card: GeForce MX440
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Emuzed Maui III-G
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: 1.0.2.148 - 4/30/2004 by Emuzed Inc.
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Klite Codec Pack
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Klite Codec Pack
h.264 Video Codec: Klite Codec Pack
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast Cable
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think we will need to see your MediaPortal log files before we can offer any suggestions - could you please follow the instructions here about collecting and posting the logs ...

sjl1986

January 20, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not putting the logs in there the first time. The TV server logs are a bit repetitive because of the amount of times I tried to search channels but hopefully it will give you some ideas.

The zip file seems a little small but the log files appear to be there. I wasn't aware that .txt files had such a high compression rate.

yugo23

January 20, 2009
    I have exactly the same problem as sjl1986, so I hope it's OK to post my logs in this thread. Channel scanning works perfectly in Leadtek's WinFast PVR app, but all I get in TV Server is No Signal message.

TV-Server Version 1.0.0.0 (Downloaded Today)
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 (Same as above)
    MediaPortal Skin:: Default
    Windows Version: Windows XP Professional with SP3
    CPU Type: Intel C2D E6420
    HDD: 160GB + 320GB + 500GB
    Memory: 2GB DDR1066
    Motherboard: Asus P5K
    Video Card: GeForce 8800GT
    Video Card Driver: 180.84
    Sound Card: Creative SB Audigy
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Leadtek WinFast WalkieTV
    1. TV Card Type: USB analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.13.2.1014 - latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: xVid?
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3?
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Serbian Broadband Networks
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Chieftec 750W
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    Well i would say throw that MAUI III away. As long as i know it´s nearly the same as the first NVTV. Just remember that because i tried the driver from the MAUI III for my NVTV because they are based on the same chip. That are some of the strangest hardware encoder cards i have ever seen, because only tv is hard encoded the audio signals are encoded through software. I got them working but after every channel change i lost the audio signal. After some months ( and building own drivers ) i throw my four ones away. Only as note they need very much power. the consum about 40 watts each!

zeeke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same problem with my both my hauppage 930 tripple combo (Analog, DVB-T, DVB-C) and my old Asus 7130-something. All I get with is the "No signal" on analog. DVB-T scans just fine and it works great with on my WHS machine.

oh, should mention. Im on ComHem:s network.

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    zeeke are you scanning for Analog Channels or for DVB-C Channels? The Problem with the Hauppauge 930C ist its a Tripple Tuner but has no hardware encoder for the analog channels, so you need a software encoder. I think for the Asus Card you need that too. Just search the forum for Software Encoder and you should find a solution :D

Fredvr

Portal Member
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry no details at the moment available but I bump into the same(?) problem after running the current SVN!!

The program shows 'scanning' followed by a 'no signal' available but it looks like it's not scanning at all. it immediately jumps through all channels to scan without any hesitation.

The only way to get the channels again is completely uninstall mediaportal (via windows remove programs and not via the uninstall options in the SVN install interface!)

Reinstallation of the normal v1 download version and scanning works fine. after running the svn updates and rescanning will result in signal not available. once scanning, the tv configuration tool is also locked up in the scanning screen!! The program is not froozen but there is no way to get out of that window other then closing the application!

Unfortunately I don;t have\ keep the logfiles.

The tv card I'm using is Hauppauge Wintv PVR USB2 icw analog cable television. I did a reinstall several times now so I'm not really looking forward to run the SVN again and being forced to go the whole process of complete remove MP - reinstall - reconfigure again.. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom