Channelscan still not working for Boxer! (1 Viewer)

mrstef

Portal Pro
March 15, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: 1.0RC4
CPU Type: Intel Dual Core
HDD: 2x 160GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: HP
Video Card: Nvidia 8600M
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy NX (USB)
1. TV Card: FireDTV/T
1. TV Card Type: External Firewire
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5N
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Boxer Sweden
HTPC Case: Laptop
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV: Samsung
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have used many versions of MediaPortal, and channel scan was broken just after christmas this year (yeah, almost a year ago). This version still have the same problem.

If I do a scan, channels are found. Some of them are found with incorrect names.
If I do a second channel scan of the same provider, I get a few updated channels, and a bunch of new ones. The "new ones" are copies of the "regular ones" but with faulty names etc.

I have attached a log file where I do a channel scan (first time after a fresh RC4 install), find some channels, and then do a second channel scan. You can see how it finds channels with incorrect names. I have also attached a screen shot of how it looks in the UI.

If I do the same scan with Mediaportal 0.2.3.0, it works perfectly. If I do the same kind of scan in FireDTV Viewer, it works perfectly (98% signal strength and quality).

Best Regards

Stefan Nilsson

Attachments

• channel_scan.png
    channel_scan.png
    40.7 KB

jernis

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Did you drop the database when you reinstalled the rc4 ?
(that looks like you are using a old database?)

where in sweden do you live?
has the frequencies for boxer been updated by terracom in your region?

/ Jernis.

mrstef

Portal Pro
March 15, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yep, have cleaned out the whole database and reinstalled a bunch of times.

I am using the correct frequencies as suggested by Terracom for my region (Malmö - Jägersro), and other programs do find the channels with the MUX settings I use, so this is not the problem.

By reading the logs it looks as the actual table parsers (PAT/PMT) sometimes returns garbage. I don't know if the packet CRC checks are turned off or something so that also invalid packets are parsed.

jernis

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
That is strange. Im using Boxer and FireDTV like you and its working fine.

And the system has not been reinstalled and is missing OS fixes etc?.

Do you have the same problem with RC3?

mrstef

Portal Pro
March 15, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I agree,...

Nope, the system is "as it always has been", and I have applied the OS fixes as well!

Yep, channel scanning worked absolutely perfect for me in MP 0.2.3.0. I did apply SVN changes at the time, but after SVN 19376, problems started. If I backed to SVN:ns before this one, and it worked again, so something actually got broken. I couldn't find anything obvious when comparing this SVN to an earlier one though.

I also did some work together with gemx in order to sort this one out, and found one bug in tswriter.ax which I sent in a patch for:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...an-crashes-missing-channels-39139/index3.html
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-having-trouble-dvb-scannig-41252/#post277441

But now there are problems again. Earlier the problem was that I couldn't find all the channels, now I find them, but some of them are corrupted. I have seen this on all 1.0RCX releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom