Check for missing episode images? (1 Viewer)

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

On occassion I'll import a new episode and it'll get the info from tvdb.com but the online db doesn't have an episode image yet, so no image is downloaded. That's fine, but often an image is added to the online db for that episode within a couple of days and, it seems, the TVSeries plugin doesn't 'recheck' for missing episode images - ie, because it already has details/summary it doesn't update with the new image, just leaves it blank.
Does/should TVSeries be checking for images for episodes that are missing them?
Is there a way to force a recheck for missing images?
Could this be implemented?

Cheers!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Issue 130 - mptvseries - Initial scan with empty episode thumbnail doesn't update on latter scan - Google Code

Seems to be an issue with some else as well, but I dont see this issue. It could be related to settings chosen in config.

I choose 'Download Episode information for whole series', I have a sneaking suspicion that if you choose this option then it is ok...I could be wrong.

Either way, I think its a bug and should be resolved. Does the same thing happen with the other information or is it only episode thumbs?

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've only noticed it with the episode thumbs - all other artwork & details seems to update. I only do an online scan & update from the plugin configuration, not from within the gui - don't know if that would have any bearing on the situation.

Update: Actually, it would seem that other details do not update, ie Director & Writer - have noticed that a number of episodes are missing this information even tho' it is on thetvdb.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom