MP2 - Spring'16 Choosing a different sort order in recordings has no effect (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I did some searching and I did not find a previous bug report on this. My apologies if one exists.

I recently switched to MP2, August 20, 2016 build. I was using the blue theme, but then switched to the Titanium Extended theme. For the most part, I like the new UI; however, I note that when I am in recordings and I change the sort order from title to recording date, nothing at all appears to happen and this also appears to be independent of skin theme as I changed to Titanium Extended because I thought doing so might make a difference.

I realize that MP2 is still under development, however, I think that the recordings screen in MP1 is significantly easier to use than the recordings screen in MP2. Is there any chance that sorting for recordings will be fixed in the near future?

Thanks.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I note that when I am in recordings and I change the sort order from title to recording date, nothing at all appears to happen
    The default sorting is "date descending", so newest recordings are on top of the list.

If there are multiple recordings with same title they are always "stacked" into subfolders. Those subfolders are placed on top of the list, also in descending date order.

So in summary the list looks like:
    • Stacked items (date desc)
    • Single items (date desc)
    Can you please check if this is the behavior that you see in default? The stacking currently always happens, no matter how you sort the underlying list.

If this is not the case, please post some screenshots of the recordings section in different sorting modes.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP1 sorts its "Recorded Radio" panel that way, but the MP1 "Recorded TV" panel is sorted differently. Logically:

(1) The files are sorted into date-descending order.
    (2) Files with the same name and which occur later in the list are "stacked" under the first occurrence in the list.

So, the visual appearance is that single files and "stacks" are intermingled in the list. You don't get all of the stacks first, and then all of the single files. My view:

I vote in favour of the way that MP1 "Recorded TV" is sorted.
    I vote against the way that MP1 "Recorded Radio" is sorted.
    I vote against the way that MP2 "Recorded TV" is apparently sorted.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this should be only a very minor change, probably exchanging two sort conditions. To be honest I also sometimes was searching for single/multi recordings in my long list.

I will look at this :)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    MP1 sorts its "Recorded Radio" panel that way, but the MP1 "Recorded TV" panel is sorted differently. Logically:

(1) The files are sorted into date-descending order.
    (2) Files with the same name and which occur later in the list are "stacked" under the first occurrence in the list.

So, the visual appearance is that single files and "stacks" are intermingled in the list. You don't get all of the stacks first, and then all of the single files. My view:

I vote in favour of the way that MP1 "Recorded TV" is sorted.
    I vote against the way that MP1 "Recorded Radio" is sorted.
    I vote against the way that MP2 "Recorded TV" is apparently sorted.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I agree totally with your vote for Recorded TV. I don't use recorded radio at this time.

In MP1, you can sort Recorded TV several ways - at least in the Titan skin. TV Recordings in MP1 can be sorted by each one of the following - individually - i.e., you cannot choose one of these as a sub-sort: Date, Name, Channel, and perhaps one more. And I suspect that it is possible to select ascending or descending order on each of these. I know that Date order can either be ascending or descending.

I went back to MP1 partly because of this.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I already have implemented a solution, it just needs some fine tuning. So the sorting will be like in MP1 recorded TV section in the next MP2 release :)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    I already have implemented a solution, it just needs some fine tuning. So the sorting will be like in MP1 recorded TV section in the next MP2 release :)
    Great! Thank you. I will consider giving it a try when it comes out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom