MP2 - V2.4.1 Cinema (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @BigGranu I really like your plugin and use it (more or less) often to watch trailers of currently running movies and to check playtimes.

One thing that is a bit "annoying" is the initial loading of programs. Although I have a good internet connection (16Mbit), this loading can take up to one minute, where you are not able to use the GUI.

Is it possible to do some/all loading asynchronously? This would improve the user experience quite much :)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Or Even better: move "loading" into a MetadataExtractor, store play times and links to trailers in MediaItems and just show them when entering the plugin. I recently gave some thought to user management, access restrictions and "parental control" and I think we should implement this right above the MediaLibrary so that users with insufficient access rights do not get all the results from a MediaLibrary query. If you want to benefit from that access control (e.g. For horror movies) make heavy use of the default MediaItem system...
    Just a thought... :D

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Presumably the MDE would need to remember the cinemas you'd previously asked for, or keep a favourites list or something like that. Fetching all the film times for every cinema in the world is going to take aaaaages :)

BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I believe there are various problems. (Loadingtime, Mediaitem)
    As soon as I have time, i will take a look at this.
    We have a Taskplaner in MP2? So i can once-daily make a Update in background?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes there is a scheduler, we use it to refresh mediashares every night. If you create a MDE, you profit of the logic already.
    But you can also easily add your own tasks :)

BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I take a short look at the MDEs, but i had not understand it. :oops:
    If i go this way, I need many help.
    Theoretically I need 2 different MDEs.
    1. Cinemas, Showtimes ...
    2. Movieinfos, Trailer ...
    Is that correct?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can do this with one MDE only.

But you need to define your MediaItemAspects like:
    - CinemaAspect: Name, Location, Showtimes (if no further query is needed, you could save serialized objects as string)
    - CinemaMovieAspect: Name, TrailerUrl,..

Then loading Cinemas would use MediaLibrary and include MIAs [MediaAspect, CinemaAspect] in query. I didn't do this myself yet for "non file items", but it would be a good usecase to test this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom