Client can't connect to server (1 Viewer)

Sten3ik

Portal Member
November 30, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello all,
I have been a long time SageTV user, but since this is no longer in development I thought I would try out MP's tv capabilities.

So, I installed MP TV server on a dedicated server running Windows 7 and installed MP on my HTPC using all the default settings, but the client simply won't connect to the server. I can access its shared folders perfectly fine though under Windows.

I have tried disabling the firewall on both machines and tried setting a different port for the connection, but it doesn't seem to help. I am not sure what else I can try. Anyone have any suggestions?
I am on MediaPortal 1.2.3 on both machines btw...

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
shot in the dark but, did you put the local ip address of the hardware where the server is situated into the client machines mediaportal configuration, tv, tv-client, tv server hostname (ip goes here) ?

Sten3ik

Portal Member
November 30, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for your reply.
If you mean putting in the server's ip address instead of its name on the client side, yes I did. Didn't help....

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,
Can you post your logs, otherwise no one can help you.

Thanks
Jean

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hoi,
ik zie dat je in Nederland woont, kan je een thread beginnen op het Nederlandstalige forum.

Last edited:

Sten3ik

Portal Member
November 30, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Oh, ik wist niet dat er een Nederlandstalig forum was.
Ga ik die kant op..

Sten3ik

Portal Member
November 30, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Oh, that sounds promising!
At the moment I am reinstalling Windows, somehow I messed up my mySQL installation. Will try your suggestion as soon as its finished..

Sten3ik

Portal Member
November 30, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Disabling ipv6 did not help unfortunately..

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    from the server can you connect to the mediaportal port using telnet? I think the port is 554.

telnet my.server.ip.address 554

You can also do a netstat to see if the tv services is listening on that port.

If the port is up, then you can try telnetting from a remote machine. That will tell you if it is a network issue or if it is an actual software issue.

Logs from the client would also be very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom