Client connecting to remote tv-server stopps tv-server service (1 Viewer)

LikeHoo

Portal Member
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,
I have a weird problem. Watching tv locally works fine, but as soon as a remote (LAN) client connects to tv-server the tv-server service stopps and the client says something like 'TV-Server not available'.

I have a fresh installation on both the local and the remote machine. The tv-server log is completely empty, only the client log shows an error, because the connection was forcibly closed.

Media-Portal v1.10.0
Windows 7 x64
LAN (firewalls configured)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Please provide full log files (using the watchdog/debug-tool) from the server and both clients (local and remote). I'm not able to assist without them. Simply not enough information.

Thanks,
    mm

LikeHoo

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, I've uploaded the logs, separated to tv-server and client. The local client works as expected, do you need those logs too?

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok, I've uploaded the logs, separated to tv-server and client.
    Thanks for trying, but please read what I said carefully. :)
    I asked you to use the watchdog/debug-mode tool because it will include full debug information and Windows application event log, which is pretty much the only way I can figure out the cause of a crash. In other words, the logs you've provided still don't give me the information that I need to help you.

The local client works as expected, do you need those logs too?
    Yes please. As I already asked: "Please provide full log files ... from ... both clients (local and remote)."

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, almost. :)
    The logs for the crash itself seem to not be included in the server logs. So, could you please use the watchdog [with option 3] one more time on the server/local-client to export the existing log files...

LikeHoo

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here it is. Although I already searched those logs and didn't find anything about a crash or an exception...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

In your original post you said "but as soon as a remote (LAN) client connects to tv-server the tv-server service stopps and the client says something like 'TV-Server not available'".

When the TV service stops without being told to stop it is almost always because the TV service has crashed. That is why I have been mentioning "crash".

As you say, the logs - TV service and Windows application event log - don't show any evidence that the TV service has crashed, or even that it has stopped. Unfortunately you closed MP on the local client before running the test with the remote client, so I can't see if the local client also lost connection to the TV service (which would have confirmed the TV service stopped).

All I can see from the older logs is that the service was started at 00:51:
    "31.12.2014 00:51:09";"TV Server";"(0)";"Information";"Der Dienst wurde gestartet.";"0"

...and then started again at 01:00:
    "31.12.2014 01:00:54";"TV Server";"(0)";"Information";"Der Dienst wurde gestartet.";"0"

It is very strange that there is nothing saying that the TV service stopped between those times.

The remote client seems to be able to connect fine for awhile (otherwise you wouldn't see the channel lists, and be able to start ProSieben etc.). When the remote client loses the connection, I wonder if the TV service is really stopped/crashed or if the remote client has just lost connection to the network.

Is the remote client connected with wireless or wired networking?

LikeHoo

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its a wired connection. I always have the management console opened and in the services list tv-server always changes to stopped some seconds after the remote client connects.

LikeHoo

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried what you suggested and started the tv function on the local client. While it was running, I startet tv on the remote client and both clients lost connection to the tv server.
    After closing the remote client, the process did not end, so I had to stop it manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom