Client/Server Setup: Slow TV Startup (1 Viewer)

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everybody,

in my setup (dedicated TV server and multiple clients), I am experiencing long delays when starting TV for the first time. In the attached log, there is a long gap between 12:06:33 and 12:07:07 which seemingly corresponds to the delay, any ideas what the cause might be? I am connected via a powerline connection to the server. I had to select UNC paths in TV config because with standard settings, TV was stuttering.

Best regards,

Astronaut

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      209 KB

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi me from the past,

it seems that your issue can be solved by disabling IPv6 on the client. I'll try that out on other clients and let you know. Of course, you should feel stupid now because this IPv6 issue is well documented in the forum and you should have tried that out earlier.

@all: On the other hand: What could be causing this problem with IPv6 in Mediaportal? I think that my home network is set up o.k., at least I don't seem to have any issues with IPv6. There seem to be plenty people who are using MediaPortal and having issues with IPv6. Disabling IPv6 it is often one of the first advices given when there are network related problems, but disabling IPv6 should not be a solution anymore in 2021. Does anybody have a clue?

Astronaut

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi me, its'me again,

further tests on different systems have given consistent results: Switching off IPv6 reduces initial tuning time from around 20-30 seconds to around 3-4 seconds. So my wife is happy, but I would still like to understand what the problem is. Any ideas?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I agree with you, that the base problem with IPv6 should be understood and solved, but I’m just the designer. @Developers hopefully can say more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom