Client unable to connect to TV Server (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I have had a connection problem suddenly appear. I cannot connect to the TV server from my bedroom client. I get the screen appearing where I have to enter the IP address or server name. Odd. This has worked fine for months. I have re-entered the IP address and still no connection.

This has happened from closing down one night to restarting the next night - I just don't understand it. I have even re-installed MP on the bedroom client just in case there was some corrupted files, but still the same problem.

I can access all the shared drives on the server from the client, the kitchen client is working perfectly.

Is there any way I can test the TV Server IP address from the client?

EDIT - I have now tried changing IP addresses, and have gone from DHCP and back to a static IP - still no connection. Logs attached.

Many thanks,

M.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello mate.

Are you using a loopback adapter on your server or have you configured your server to use 127.0.0.1?

If yes to either one of those, then your remote clients will fail.

You need to configure TVServer to use the IP address of your actual machine.

When you look into TVServer config, what is the server name/IP? you can right click on it and select the correct IP.

Oops... It might help if I read your logs fully! Can you check your gentle file and MediaPortal.exe.Config file.

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Jay,

Everything is set to use 192.168.1.130 - TV Server, both fixed clients and laptops.

I haven't a clue where 127.0.0.1 comes from. I am using EOP adaptors and just plug them in and away they go. Could this be the source of the spurious ip address perhaps?

I have pinged 192.168.1.130 and it gets a response - I can access all shared drives etc.

EDIT - checked both - mediaportal.exe.config - not a lot in here about 8 or 10 lines. Gentle.config is blank, or is when opened with notepad. Last accessed 6/2/2011 and file size of 6kb

M

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Your devices might have the right IP, but Mediaportal can be "out of sync"

What is your gentle file like? Can yo run in debug and post the zip file

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Jay,

Both my clients are identical. I suspect the gentle.config file - I will copy from the working client to the non-working and see what happens.

SUCCESS !!! Thanks Jay. I did as I noted above and TV is back working again! Thank you for your assistance; you have saved me from an ear bashing as 'er indoors don't like not having her telly.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom