[will not fix] Client: Unable to load 'freetype6.dll' (1 Viewer)

Troy

Portal Pro
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i compiled MP2 client and server using the "MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_" scripts. Both work on my pc.

To try networking i copied the client folder to my notebook but the client does not start.

The logfiles say that 'freetype6.dll' could not be found.

I checked that and the file is there. The client folders on PC and notebook are exactly the same...

Troy

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

I tried to reproduce the issue, but without success. Here everything works well when I copy the folder to an USB key and start the client from the key. [Edit] On another computer of course...[/Edit]

Maybe it's related with the place the folder is (seems to be in C:\Temp if I well read the logs), or with NTFS permissions on the folder...

Or not, and the team may have the answer :)

Troy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    C:\Temp is just my path for temporary things, i have all rights there.

I think i have found the problem:

Somewhere i read that freetype6.dll needs zlib1.dll. I copied it into /plugins/skinengine and the client worked...

So the reason for the error is the CWDIllegalInDllSearch registry entry.
    I set "0xFFFFFFFF" on my noteboook which removes the current working directory from the default DLL search order.

After changing the CWDIllegalInDllSearch registry setting to "2" and the mp2 client works with zlib1.dll only in the base directory.

Maybe this is more a windows (settings) problem than a mp2 bug.

Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom