Closed: [29/8] Black & White 1080 v0.6 R2 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Can I ask if it's likely for the future that the menu can be changed by the user? Like others I don't need all the current menu items on the basic home and would like to see moving pictures on there instead ;)

Thanks

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Unless someone wants to write a program to generate the basichome.xml, users have to edit the xml manually. I don’t have to the competence to write something like that since I’m not a programmer. Programmers feel free to volunteer :)

At the moment I think we’re stuck between the limitation of My Home and the manual editing of Basichome. The middle ground is something like today; you’re most used item on Basichome and the rest under My Plugins.

I have written a guide on how to manually change Basichome, but I’m waiting to get my own sub forum to post it. I think it much better to have it as a sticky instead of post it in the middle of this thread.

When Moving Pictures mature I think I will change skin to something like this:
If “Moving Pictures” is enabled = Show “Moving Pictures”
Else if “My Film” is enabled = Show “My Film”
Else = Show "My Videos"

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i tested the skin yesterday indeed its beautiful !

loved the basichome, the moving pictures are wonderful as well

only issue as you said now is how to edit the basichome, cant wait for a tutorial or something on how to do that, or maybe some of the community if they have customized already some of there own to post them.

cheers for the wonderful work mate!!!!!

Bernardo71

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2008
    Feedback from my wife....

Dear aj1405,

I tested the Skin with my wife and she said that it is really the best one that she has seen since I am running MP.
    But her only remark was that the EPG data is unreadable as the text is too small.

The distance between our 37" HD (1080i) flat screen and our sofas is approx. 6m and I have to admit that I am also struggling to read the EPG from there although I do not need any glasses.

Any possibility to manually adjust this without causing the whole skin to collapse ?

What I have been observing is that in the "german" language version the problem with short english and long german terms still persists in the header/tab area of the main skin screens and the fly-in menus on the left side showing header titles passing the designated area (use smaller type in german version ?) or cutting the menu items (broader menu area / smaller type ?)

As said...this is great stuff...just with some "german" oberservations.

Kind regards
    B71

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for to subforum :)

B71: Added Guide to my todo list, I'll also added you long text problem.

Bernardo71

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2008
    Addition:

When visualizing myTV screen surfing down the menu items starting on the upper left with the EPG and wanting to move over with the remote to the right to the embedded TV frame the white frame around the running TV program, as a visualization of the selection, (pressing OK to get to fullscreen as a next step from there) is hard to see.

Maybe a switch to a more visible color in front of the grey background for this "selection" frame might be considered as helpful. (proposal would be black or yellow I´d say)

Maybe this as "food for thought".

B71

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I've notced that when playing back a recording it shows the wrong channel logo when you bring up the info pane.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom