Closed: [8/9] Black & White 1080 v0.7 | Page 2

Discussion in 'Black & White 1080p' started by aj1405, September 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richy759
    • Premium Supporter

richy759 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No probs, the new symbols are looking nice btw.
    It's almost there. I can't access recorded tv list by pressing the right key, I can only go up and down the list on the left. I can right click on a recorded tv program now thought which is good (with the mouse).
    Active recordings in blue two wide does not show the text line that black and white does.
    The left hand column is not quiet wide enough in some circumstances so text gets faded out.

Cheers,
    Rich

Attached Files:

• 18-57-35.png
      18-57-35.png
      File size:
      906.4 KB
      Uploaded:
      September 9, 2008
      Views:
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leeamorg

leeamorg Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    For the majority of my films i have done as you said used the imdb number, but there is a few which will not work using the imdb no, which is slightly frustraing.

Is there anyway you can find out which imdb number MP has stored on the DB for a film.

Also slightly off topic, i have finally got my movie db sorted which has taken several solid days, is there anyway to back up this info from the mp configuration because i don't really want to loose all my hard work.

cheers lee

4. Pretoriano
    • Premium Supporter

Pretoriano Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Home Country:
    Romania Romania
    hi lee,to find the imdb number of a movie go to imdb.com here:The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) and search for the movie you want to know the imdb# (ex. if you are searching for "The Matrix" ,at the end of adress bar in your browser you will have the IMDB number for that movie)

To backup your MovieDB go to: X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database and backup the file named "VideoDatabaseV5.db3" and to :X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Videos to backup your already selected covers (please replace "X" with your drive letter and be sure windows is set to show you hidden files and folders.This is for XP)

For Vista go to: x:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database - for the movie database
    x:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Videos - for the movie covers

5. leeamorg

leeamorg Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Thanks for the info on how to backup, hopefully it is something i won't have to do again it took a while but definately worth it.

I know how to get the imdb number the trouble is, some i mean literally 4 films out of my 500 collection won't recognise the imdb no for the fanart it's a tad annoying, i can get it to work via the video titles section but not imdb no. I've done it for all the other films i just don't understand why it is not doing it for these.

cheers, lee

6. Pretoriano
    • Premium Supporter

Pretoriano Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Home Country:
    Romania Romania
    ok,now i understand,i had the same problem with some movie and i did a rescaning of those movies and after that it worked.BTW try to use only imdb_com like database provider when scaning those 4 movies and see if it work after that.

7. rainmaker002

rainmaker002 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Hi There,

For some reason My TV doesn't show episode information as shown here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-black-white-1080-v0-7-tv-series-episodes.jpg

When I look in the configuration for My TV all the info seems to be there (pictures, episode description, etc. as shown on the first attachment). What I'm wondering is if i need to clear the formatting rules which I had added for some other skin way back when (second attachment).

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• mp-tv1.jpg
      mp-tv1.jpg
      File size:
      94.7 KB
      Uploaded:
      September 10, 2008
      Views:
  8. aj1405

aj1405 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Try to delete the Formating rules. The other settings looks ok.

This is my config (Using version 2.0.3114):

Attached Files:

• tvseries.jpg
      tvseries.jpg
      File size:
      174.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      September 10, 2008
      Views:
  9. aj1405

aj1405 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Try:
    View attachment 4TR_RecordedTv.xml

Could you also have a look at Recorded info and Program info?

10. leeamorg

leeamorg Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Flavio,

Thanks for ya help, but i ended up making things worse. I got the 4 films sorted in the end but I decided to change the coverart in MP config to my local covers because i didn't like the ones from the web, and by doing this when i checked MP no fanart was displayed it had all gone. aaaaaahhhh.

Anyway reinstalled MP completely and started again got there in the end 3am.

I decided to go via the video_titles option. One thing i did notice was that when using video_title the fanart when switching between films was instant from the start. When using imdb_number there was a slight delay were talking millisecs but using video_title was definately quicker. Thought this might be useful for some people, but good look renaming all ya fanart my ctrl c + v keys are battered.

Cheers Lee

11. SpudR
    • Team MediaPortal

SpudR Documentation Group

CTO, MD
    Ratings:
    +680 / 2
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Sorry for the late response, I've been away for a bit!

The Showtimes.XML file didn't work at all :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!