(Closed) MediaPortal iViewer - Now Available in the App Store (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    My main focus right now is to fix the issues that appear and come out with a bug fix release if needed. Later we can tweak and add new features.
    Totally understood and imho absolutely right!

I will not respond to every request but we will for sure notice and discuss how we can improve things.
    Understood too but maybe you could give a kind of general feedback as you did with e.g. your respond to Argus. So we have some kind of information, if its possible at all, if it sounds logical to you or something else.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Stig, it's tricky to answer these requests without going into discussions. The current usage of MPiV is that streaming is local on the iPad, all other control is for a MediaPortal client. E.g. all remote control and now playing screens are for controlling a MediaPortal client. When pressing the play icon the media will start to play in MediaPortal, if playing stream it will start to play on the iPad. We have noted the request that some users want it an a different way and we will discuss this later. Everything is possible to change but it would be quite drastic to change something like this just after a first release. It would probably confuse users that are used to how it works now. We haven't disregarded this and will give it some thought. It's just that I do not want to take this kind of discussion two days after release of the app.

The request that one should swipe for revelaing controls is also noted and added as a user request. We have already added a swipe to hide Controls in the dev version but that is simpler. One need to make sure that this do not interfer with any button or earlier added gestures. One can also not place a gesture area on top of a button.

We add all user requests in Trello(that we use for all development tasks) and we will go through them one by one later.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'd love a "Show Tooltip" function that is on by default that explains sweeps, gestures etc. But I can see how you don't wanna create that function too.

Emph

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I agree that we need to write more information about how the apps works, there will be a tips & tricks section in the wiki for this.

I don't think it's worth the effort to implement a tooltip function in the app.

Knightro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2010
    Kincardine
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Would you be able to send me a list of ports that would need to be opened or NAT in firewall for external access?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's the same ports that you configure when setting up a client in MPiV. 4322 and 8017 are default ports.

J

joostzilla

This thread is closed. Please post support and feature requests in their dedicated thread.
    Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom