Codec Comparison divx h264 dxva and powerdvd 10 (1 Viewer)

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Codec Comparison divx h264 dxva and powerdvd 10

Where do you get a Version of PDVD10 for MediaPortal?!?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

For me this doesn't work.

I've loaded your upscale file into ffdshow - made it as default. Then added to Video Post Processing in MP under TV ffdshow video filter. But then deintzerlacing isn't working at all for me - the screen / picture looks really bad also i've a lot of ffdshow debug informations on / in screen.

midasxxl

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2006
    Home Country
    England England

Please try powerdvd 9 codec, i don't know if this works with powerdvd 10. The debug settings can be turned off but dissappear after a while by itself, just turn osd setting off in ffdshow configuration menu. . Then, look if you have the deintarlace button greyed out as i described in a post before. And the check if you have turned on the hardware deinterlace mode in powerdvd 9 codec. For me , i use vertrical adaptive hardware deinterlace with my hd4550, which is in my opiniion the best htpc video card. If you card supports vertical adaptive deinterlace you can choose it in powerdvd after you selected hardware deinterlace, closed the program and then went back to the settings. You should now can select a key whicht starts with 3c......

splinty

Portal Member
    October 13, 2009
    Kurgan
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    It's a really useful thread! Well... I mean potentially yet:) I have a lot of nonHD movies but didn't think to upscale it by PC, my TV do it now. I'll try today, i guess!
    My decision is also for Divx.264 It's really good decoder. My question to midasxxxl is: Where You get Divx.264 especially with DVXA? My source is Klcodec Pack. But I've never seen DXVA on HD video. CPU load is always about 40% :(

photopeter

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    DXVA is a standard feature of DivX8. You can turn it on or off in the Codec Control Panel installed with the DivX8 package. Earlier Versions of DivX h264 Codec didn't support DXVA. You should install the DivX Codec separately from any codec pack to get all features.

BTW. The use of Codec Packs together with MePo isn't really useful. I don't like them all (including SAF). The only thing I use from a codec pack (in my case it's HDPack 2.3) is the PDVD9 Codec (I use it with Mpeg1 and Mpeg2). All other necessary Codecs are installed separately...

splinty

Portal Member
    October 13, 2009
    Kurgan
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Re: AW: Codec Comparison divx h264 dxva and powerdvd 10

Well... For me it started working after reinstalling RC2. I've been trying to compare PDVD9 and MP resizing against PDVD9 and ffdshow resizing looking on DVD9 picture. You know guys, my modest opinion is that PDVD9 is the best MPEG2 decoder and any postprocessing work after it can just make picture worse not better.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Is anybody able to use the use PDVD and FFDSHOW with midasxxl files? For me it doesn't work or the picture looks realy bad.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have been using ffdshow upscaling for over a year, now. I've discovered in recent issues with SAF*.00 that it is also ffdshow version dependent. I f I overwrote the ffdshow.ax version installed by SAF with one I knew upscaled, then my settings would work. Otherwise, the video output would be same as input.

I have the profile set to upscale any video encoded with XVid/DivX to my LCDTV's native resolution: 1360x768.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom