Codec for Live TV (1 Viewer)

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
What codec do people recommend for full screen stretched tv playback? I am currently using ffdshow for all playback types but seem to see a visible delay on some channels, although this may be a reception issue too. Just want to know if there is a particular codec people recommend over others for tv viewing?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
What codec do people recommend for full screen stretched tv playback? I am currently using ffdshow for all playback types but seem to see a visible delay on some channels, although this may be a reception issue too. Just want to know if there is a particular codec people recommend over others for tv viewing?

HI.
It depends of what LiveTV you have.
If it is analog or DVB-t (MPEG2) my recomendation are Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder (Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder&Streaming Plug-in for WMP 3.7.90209.exe) becouse of DXVA deinterlacing + gama corection (very usefull on analog TV - gray to black fix). Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder is comercial (21 days trial)

Second one is PowerDVD MPEG2 decoder. Have DXVA deinterlacing but no gama corection. This one is number one on DVD's playback and you can obtain it for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, just a quick piece of information: In my server/client setup, I had one client with very annoying Live TV behavior. TV would start alright, but after some random time, it would freeze. I could restart TV most of the time by stopping and restarting it, but of course, there were some seconds lost of the running show. Today, I...
Hi, just a quick piece of information: In my server/client setup, I had one client with very annoying Live TV behavior. TV would...
Hi, just a quick piece of information: In my server/client setup, I had one client with very annoying Live TV behavior. TV would...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codec-Lister DE
Hi. There is a new version available. It now also lists the codec and channel numbers of the (first) audio track from the video file. And you can use it for audio- only files too. Supported file extensions are: Video File Extentions = .mkv;.mk3d;.mp4;.avi;.ts;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.divx;.wmv;.flv;.wtv;*.dvr-ms Audio File Extentions =...
Hi. There is a new version available. It now also lists the codec and channel numbers of the (first) audio track from the video...
Hello. Since I have nothing else to do ;) , I wrote a small tool called "Codec Lister" because I needed it. At the touch of a...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that but it does seem to me that Madvr is the issue here, I guess it is not as robust as the EVR or does not get shut down as elegantly, I also suspect, though I have not tried it, that the result would be the same for playback of any video, i.e. not just TV. Given that German TV is now all transmitted as full HD, the need...
Thanks for that but it does seem to me that Madvr is the issue here, I guess it is not as robust as the EVR or does not get shut...
When I finish watching TV I always stop the playback and exit to the home gui before putting the HTPC to sleep and have no...
Replies
Views
duplicate post see below for for solution https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-suddenly-crashes-when-starting-live-tv-on-most-channels-and-on-recordings-from-the-same-channels.139849/#post-1270831
duplicate post see below for for solution...
I have been using MP 1 for years with no troubles. but in the last couple of days it sudden just crashes when starting live tv...
Replies
Views
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom