Collection of Audio Renderer fixes for 1.3.0 beta (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    A collection of MediaPortal Audio Renderer fixes for the 1.3.0 beta release. Please test the fixes and verify that they are working and no regression is introduced.

How to install?

Just unzip the mpaudiorenderer.ax from the zip, take backup of the previous mpaudiorenderer.ax file and overwrite the old one under MediaPortal installation folder with the new binary.

1) Stop MediaPortal
    2) take backup of the old mpaudiorenderer.ax that is located in MediaPortal install folder
    3) unzip mpaudiorenderer.ax from the zip file
    4) replace the old mpaudiorenderer.ax in the MediaPortal install folder

How to test?

Before reporting any regression please revert back to the old .ax binary. If the issue is still present pelase open a new error report thread. If the issue is not present anymore then it is regresion and it is enough to post into this thread about the issue.

Version 1 contains following fixes:

- 0003871: [Audio renderer] Audio renderer's logging thread is using huge amount of CPU resources
    - 0003867: [Audio renderer] Audio Renderer doesn't negotiate the alternate speaker mask properly
    - 0003876: [Audio renderer] Crash when closing Configuration.exe after the first try to set setting MPAR
    - 0003905: [Audio renderer] Not possible to select OS default audio device from audio renderer's settings

Version 1 fixes are now verified and will be included in 1.3.0 beta release

Attachments

• mpaudiorenderer_1.3.0beta_v1.zip
      1.4 MB
    Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did some quick testing and everything is working fine.
    No problems with config/settings, audio channel switching, skip back/forward.

Added this version to my HTPC, so i can do some more duration tests with it.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I use these patch on my fork (from June) and works fine.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the bugfixes...works fine so far. I has had some Problems with AC3 Audio before, but with this update it seems to work but
    i still got the problem, that i cant control the volume when MPAR is used...adjusting the volume while listening to Music works fine. Is that a known problem?

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    i still got the problem, that i cant control the volume when MPAR is used...adjusting the volume while listening to Music works fine. Is that a known problem?

Currently it is a missing feature. Volume control is not implemented into MPAR.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks :). So its probably the best to use the volume control from the OS or will the volume control feature be added to MPAR?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Could we have a list of the mantis entries that are hopefully fixed with this build? That might help people focus their testing.

Best wishes,

Mark

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The 4 mantis entries are mentioned in the OP (just not linked).

- 0003871: [Audio renderer] Audio renderer's logging thread is using huge amount of CPU resources
    - 0003867: [Audio renderer] Audio Renderer doesn't negotiate the alternate speaker mask properly
    - 0003876: [Audio renderer] Crash when closing Configuration.exe after the first try to set setting MPAR
    - 0003905: [Audio renderer] Not possible to select OS default audio device from audio renderer's settings

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The 4 mantis entries are mentioned in the OP (just not linked).

Oops. My mistake! Thanks for telling everyone ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Few more test results are needed to be able to include these error fixes to the upcoming 1.3.0 release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom