Color Code Specific Chans in EPG? (1 Viewer)

JKeats

Portal Member
April 19, 2006
is there a way to "tag" a specific channel (and/or that channel's program lineup) with a color?

for example - make the listings in the EPG for all news related stations (FNC, CNN, MSNBC, etc. etc.) red as opposed to the standard color for the rest of the stations.

thanks for the info!

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    You can 'Use colors for genres in the TVGuide' only afaik.

For NEWS stations the programs could possibly be all in the same genre so therefore all in the same color when using this option.

You can find the option in the MP Configuration App -> Television -> Program Guide -> Miscellaneous section.

Your EPG data must include genres for the programs, otherwise it wont work.

uncertainty

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2007
    NYC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I know this is an old thread but rather then start a new one I thought I would add to this. Has the color option been removed from 1.0.2? I cant seem to find that option in 1.02 when running TV in a Server/Client configuration.

Just an update, I see if I install a standalone version of Media Portal (no Server/Client setup) there is an option for Genre colors in the Guide. However it seems if one installs a Server/Client setup, both the TVserver and TVclient configuration screens do NOT have any genre color option for the guide. Can anyone else confirm this and know of any work around?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom