Color & Resolution issues, plus an error (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ahhh, no I did not do that. Will do it when off work tonight. Thanks for reminding me.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In case it might help with working out what the TV can support, can you run Moninfo/Monitor Asset Manager - http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm and post the info (the attached is the info for my laptop display, which in the 'Timing Characteristics' section only supports 1080p at 60Hz and 40Hz - a TV will support a lot more resolutions and timings).

Attachments

• Monifo.jpg
      Monifo.jpg
      325.8 KB

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Have no forgot about you, MM :) I am still going to finish testing all of them out and post results here.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Wow, realized i never replied back. I went looking for this thread when color problem showed it face again. It seems it fixed the problem by changing my Windows resolution down to 30, but I need it at 60 so I am running into a real issue.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I and a few others meet that same issue with 4K and Nvidia cards.
    See: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-blurry-green-zoomed-in-ui-and-player.134350/

It seems to be an issue only when MP is in "exclusive mode", that's probably why using your network mouse fixes it temporarily. It's also not a problem when MP does not have the focus. Put a small window over it for instance.

Check in your TV menus if you can change the color depth for your HDMI port. My Phillips has such an option, it does either 4:2:0 or 4:2:2/4:4:4. You need to match that with your color depth in NVidia control panel. If your TV does not have such an option try reducing the color depth in NVidia control panel. Setting it to 4:2:0 should allow you to switch back to 60Hz.

Both color depth and refresh rate have a significant impact on your HDMI bandwidth.

Last edited:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    BTW, realized I never replied back on this one, in case anyone else runs into it. @Stéphane Lenclud Got me pointed in the right direction. My TV Has an option HD Deep Color Mode, turning this on or off will get the desired results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom