Colossus and SchedulesDirect EPG (1 Viewer)

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
All is running fine except that the program guide only goes until midnight tonight even though I have indicated to hold 13 days ahead on the schedule. I am using SchedulesDirect in the US.

If I have to play with the data base, where is it and what is it called and how do I fix it up if that is the issue.

Log attached, Many thanks, Dave

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
Thanks,mm. When fixing the database it indicated that there were 3 users. Does the log I sent give any indication that I might multiple installs or anything like that?

Thanks, Dave

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
Also, mm, the data is not loading into the Program Guide.

What do I do next? Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also, mm, the data is not loading into the Program Guide.

What do I do next? Thanks, Dave
    I've never used SchedulesDirect - I wouldn't have a clue! :)
    A quick look at the SD wiki suggests you can force an import/update as follows:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the SD plugin configuration advanced tab.
    3. Tick "force guide update on next TvService startup".
    4. Go to the "manual control" section and click "stop service"... then "start service".
    If that fails I suggest you check the SD wiki:
    http://code.google.com/p/mp-schedulesdirect/wiki/GeneralConfigWiki

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    This is getting frustrating, I need to record programs tomorrow and have no EPG.

I have restarted the computer multiple times, restarted TV-Server multiple times, Used the settings given on the above Configurations reference and still the EPG does not load.

I have the correct username and password because it loads up to later tonight.

I am attaching the latest log. Please help or forward to someone who might be able to if you would.

Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Dave

I hear that you're frustrated loud and clear and I'm doing the best I can to help. Please keep in mind that the SchedulesDirect plugin is a third-party plugin (meaning: it is developed and supported by other people who are not directly associated with MediaPortal) and the SchedulesDirect EPG service is a third party service. In other words, we have no direct responsibility for the plugin. Regardless of that...

In your log files I still see:
    [2013-09-21 18:57:11,673] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - TV Service: Plugin: SchedulesDirect EPG Client failed to start
    [2013-09-21 18:57:11,682] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Exception :Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: select idProgram, idChannel, startTime, endTime, title, description, genre, state, originalAirDate, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart, episodeName, starRating, classification, parentalRating from Program order by endTime desc limit 1 offset 0; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.Execute(SqlStatement stmt, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute()
    at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.GetLastProgramEntry()
    at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.TvEngine.ITvServerPlugin.Start(IController controller)
    at TvService.TvServiceThread.StartPlugins()MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()

If I had to guess I'd say the SD plugin is [still] having problems accessing the TV Server database and I don't know why.

The only two suggestions I can give are:
    1. Try repairing the database again.
    2. In the "manual control" section of TV Server configuration click "refresh DVB EPG". NOTE: this will delete all EPG... but it may be required to fix whatever the SD plugin is having problems with.

@geoffstewart any clues?

mm

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Just to clarify:

I am using MP 1.4
    Schedules Direct version 1.3.0.1

I have turned the TV service on and off multiple times
    I have reinstalled The SD plugin
    I have "refreshed DVB EPG"
    I have restarted the computer multiple times

I simply never receive any new program data beyond 9pm tonight.

What am I missing? Why does the log say "SchedulesDirect EPG Client failed to start"?

This would probably explain everything but why is it not starting? Is there a way to start it manually to test it?

Please give me some new ideas to try as nothing so far has changed anything.

Thanks, Dave

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey there,

Sorry for the silence on this. Swamped at work lately.

Thanks @mm1352000 for looking into this.

Dave, mm has correctly pointed out that the SD plugin cannot complete an SQL query on your mysql database. The request times out. If the plugin cannot access the DB, then all is lost.

Can you post your Gentle.config file located here (on windows 7): C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Gentle.config

Maybe this got corrupted somehow.

g

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom