Colossus and SchedulesDirect EPG (1 Viewer)

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
How do I do that?

Dave[DOUBLEPOST=1380057223][/DOUBLEPOST]Using task manager I do NOT see MySQL on either Applications or Processes.

Dave[DOUBLEPOST=1380058139][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is a debug file I just created in case this helps.

Dave

Last edited:

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    right click on my computer-> manage ->
    service and applications-> Services

Look for MySQL... if it doesn't say Started, that's a problem.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The latest set of logs just posted show that the SD import is working.
    I don't know for sure what was wrong but I suspect it was a residual issue with the program table which persisted after the repair. TV Server wouldn't get as far as loading plugins if it couldn't connect to the DB.
    Dave, please confirm you have EPG.

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    YES! The EPG is suddenly showing up! A little disconcerting but if it keeps working, that will be great.

Now, will it continue to load the EPG each day staying 13 days ahead of the current date?

Where do I look for MySQL to say "started"?

Many thanks, Dave

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    After having MP running for almost a month and really enjoying it, I have suddenly lost sound. I have tried all that I can thing of, reinstalling Colossus and tinkering with sound settings and nothing has worked yet.

Can anyone see if the attached log tells anything about this issue please. If not, what might I try?

Many thanks, Dave[DOUBLEPOST=1381077947][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Forgot to mention that I DO have sound from WinTV7 in case that narrows it down at all

Dave​

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Dave

So you're using HDMI for both video and audio, right?
    First, please fix your codec preferences for TV in MP configuration. "Hauppauge MPEG Layer-1/2 Audio Decoder" is not working as an audio codec. You can use LAV instead.
    Other than that, everything looks fine to me. In other words, it looks like you should be hearing audio.
    Is it only TV that doesn't have sound? What about videos and music?
    Are you sure you haven't muted by mistake (press the 'm' key) or dropped the volume for MediaPortal in the Windows mixer to zero?

mm
    PS: looks like SchedulesDirect is still having problems intermittently...
    [2013-10-06 10:22:23,504] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: delete from Program where endTime < '2013-10-05 10:21:53'; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks, mm.

I am using HDMI for video and audio.

I have not changed that codec setting, how on earth does that change without my doing it?

I am now getting "HwcHelper has stopped working" popping up in MP and I can't seem to do anything about that??? I have reinstalled Colossus but that does not seem to help. Any ideas there?

Many thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have not changed that codec setting, how on earth does that change without my doing it?
    What do you mean "change without your doing it"?
    To be clear, I'm suggesting that you change it now, not that you changed it previously. :)

I am now getting "HwcHelper has stopped working" popping up in MP and I can't seem to do anything about that???
    That is to do with your Hauppauge remote. Try reinstalling IR32.exe.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Also, What is the connection to WinTV which keeps getting installed by Hauppauge. Do I need WinTV?

Thanks again, Dave[DOUBLEPOST=1381094161][/DOUBLEPOST]No, I mean that if it has been working for a few weeks, did it somehow change the TV Codec setting recently to cause this issue? This surely should not happen. How is it that it was working fine previous to my changing it per your directions.

Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also, What is the connection to WinTV which keeps getting installed by Hauppauge. Do I need WinTV?
    Not if you don't want it.

No, I mean that if it has been working for a few weeks, did it somehow change the TV Codec setting recently to cause this issue? This surely should not happen.
    No, it didn't somehow change the TV codec by itself. I'm just observing from your log files that although you've selected "Hauppauge...", MP is not able to use it (and is actually falling back to using LAV).

How is it that it was working fine previous to my changing it per your directions.
    MP is robust - it automatically tries other codecs when it can't make one work.
    ...and this probably indicates that the problem is that you've muted the sound or something simple like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom