[confirm] Colossus Driver 29192 Question (1 Viewer)

thirdoff

Portal Pro
June 22, 2011
Which Colossus driver is anyone using? I am trying another mediaportal/colossus/2250/USBUIRT setup on yet another server. I am going to use col_drv_29192, the setup thread says 29111 I think? Does MP 1.2 (not SVN) work with 29192?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Which Colossus driver is anyone using? I am trying another mediaportal/colossus/2250/USBUIRT setup on yet another server. I am going to use col_drv_29192, the setup thread says 29111 I think? Does MP 1.2 (not SVN) work with 29192?

Wrong section of forum. This is for discussion of issues with 1.2.0beta only.

Mark

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    right forum... like the post says it IS for MP1.2 :)
    and here is the answer, thanks mm1352000 - as long as the channel naming hasn't changed, all newer drivers should work.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi thirdoff

Does MP 1.2 (not SVN) work with 29192?
    As far as I'm aware, it doesn't. As early as version 29168 Hauppauge made a change that effectively broke support. The patch attached to the first post of the Colossus thread fixes support again. 1.2.0rc will work with the latest versions and there'll be no patches required. It should also be more robust in case Hauppauge decide to make random changes in the future.

mm

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Confirmed. Driver 29192 does not work. I have installed 29111 and now all my issues are gone. That is what changed since the last install, of course. I downloaded the latest driver while onsite while on the test machines I had 29111.
    This is the answr to all my latest requests. I was using 29192 and it caused no guide, no channels to be seen under all channels and a few other bad things. So now that I can smoothly install and reinstall MP 1.2, does this mean 1.2RC will be released now and I will never have to do it again?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I was using 29192 and it caused no guide, no channels to be seen under all channels and a few other bad things.

Actually I'm not so sure about that. I think you probably installed the MC plugin for the Colossus which I understand is included with the latest drivers. That plugin can cause TV Server to be unable to start. As stated in the first post of the Colossus thread, I'm looking into why that is but I'm not going to be able to fix that in time for 1.2.0rc/final. Aside from that, you should be able to smoothly install and use 1.2.0rc once it is released. No more patches. :)

mm

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Yes, I jumped for joy too soon. After going back to that driver it worked. The guide, channel change, music, all media, all TV, even radio on the 2250 but as soon as I added the 2250 OTA channels it all went back to sheet. NO DATA in the guide and my error from the other post.

So same errors with 29111 now.
    No possible way the MC plugin is my issue - I use device manager and manually install each hauppauge driver. Per your advice on the "long" colossus post I used the HWCLEAR before I installed 29111 (manually). Can the MC plugin get installed if I didn;t run the hwinstall from hauppauge?

Right now I am back to manually streaming a station (changing it through VNC) then watching the stream on the client through VLC.
    C'mon it's just you and me talking mm, what's the ETA on RC? I just want to know if I should keep struggling or just wait it out. THANK YOU.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, I jumped for joy too soon. After going back to that driver it worked. The guide, channel change, music, all media, all TV, even radio on the 2250 but as soon as I added the 2250 OTA channels it all went back to sheet. NO DATA in the guide and my error from the other post.
    Okay let me take a stab in the dark and see if this works:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the "radio channels" section.
    3. Click "add" (channel groups) to create a new channel group.
    4. Enter "All Channels" - the name must be *exactly* that (case sensitive).
    5. Click OK.

After that, restart MP and then try to go back into the guide.

Can the MC plugin get installed if I didn;t run the hwinstall from hauppauge?
    Unlikely. I haven't got a Colossus or HD-PVR so I can't be sure but I guess it is an option in the exe install. I wasn't expecting you to have used the manual install... sorry, misdirection there. :sorry:

Right now I am back to manually streaming a station (changing it through VNC) then watching the stream on the client through VLC.
    :(

C'mon it's just you and me talking mm, what's the ETA on RC? I just want to know if I should keep struggling or just wait it out. THANK YOU.
    It has now been announced on Facebook - Monday the 29th (barring unforeseen problems). :D

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again thirdoff

Did my tip for adding the radio group work?

mm

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Sorry I should have updated this.
    When I reinstalled we also replaced a router right after we set up Windows.
    Windows 7 decided to setup a new network and set it to public. I couldn't even see shares and it was fixed quickly.
    At that point I am back to only having the guide empty error from the othe active post.
    Radio worked and I didn't have to follow the above.
    It works as follows:
    Radio
    then I see a folder "analog"
    then I see
    etc

It works and gets all the ones the other apps did.

One problem I do have is when I change the channel, the entire stream is started over.
    So if I listen for 5 minutes on 88700000 then change it to 93100000, I will have to hear the 5 minutes of 88700000 again before I hear my next channel. It will do it for many channels always going back to the beginning of the sessions stream.

PM me If I can help you test your RC patches ;-)

(This is getting off-topic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom