Coloured pixels and audio noise instead of Live TV (1 Viewer)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi.
    My usual problems with tvserver are massive stuttering and pixelization mostly on nonFTA HD channels but sometimes I can see only squares and terrible noise when starting tv in mp.
    I can't attach a sample beacause tsmuxer can't find video stream in my file and cut it. Full size is 1GB.
    There was two recording for today - at 9 and at 13 hrs. In logs I can see only serviceid mismatch in both cases but first recording is normal and second is corrupted.
    No idea what's going wrong. Can somebody help me?

Attachments

• Бэтмен - 2012-09-06 - S1 - E13.ts_snapshot_00.08_[2012.09.06_23.23.44].jpg
      Бэтмен - 2012-09-06 - S1 - E13.ts_snapshot_00.08_[2012.09.06_23.23.44].jpg
      118.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Edalex

Whenever I've seen "video" with pixelation and stuttering like that in the past, it has been a compatibility problem between a CAM and a tuner. So I suspect the CAM is having trouble decrypting the channel properly. I guess it could also be a problem with the tuner, or the PC getting too hot inside.
    The service ID mismatch message is only information - not an error. It should be ignored.

mm

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Thanks. Maybe I should wrote to Technisat support with this problem?
    And what about ordinary stuttering like this https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7658963/HD - 2012-09-01.ts
    Could it has another origin (OS/codecs/drivers/ATI video cards problem) and could it be fixed?
    I tried DVBViewer and picture stuttering is similar.
    Logs telling about discontinuity errors.
    If CAM inserted directly in TV no stuttering happened.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. Maybe I should wrote to Technisat support with this problem?
    You can try, but I think they may say that you must reproduce the problem in their software.
    Next time the problem happens, could you please try to reinsert the CAM and retune the channel and see if the problem goes away.

And what about ordinary stuttering like this https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7658963/HD - 2012-09-01.ts
    Could it has another origin (OS/codecs/drivers/ATI video cards problem) and could it be fixed?
    I tried DVBViewer and picture stuttering is similar.
    Logs telling about discontinuity errors.
    If CAM inserted directly in TV no stuttering happened.
    That is *definitely* not a video card, codec, or OS problem.
    I say that because the continuity/discontinuity errors are on the server side (TsWriter logs) before you even try to view the channel). Those continuity/discontinuity errors indicate:
    1. Signal quality/strength issues.
    2. HDD stress (real time scanners, bad sector alignment on an "advanced format" 4 KB/sector drive).
    3. Overheating components.

The problem could also be CAM related since the stream passes through the CAM.
    Do you have any free channels? You can eliminate the CAM as a cause by removing it, and then testing with the free channels.

mm

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Thanks.
    I have 3 channel types: FTA MPEG2 SD, Encrypted MPEG2 SD, Encrypted MPEG4-AVC HD.
    SD channels are fine even encrypted. No such picture stuttering as on HD. Discontinuity errors are present sometimes (once in 10 min aprox) but it is not so visibly.
    I'll try to test my card on fta hd channel in other place and other provider to understand if my system is capable for dealing with 1080i hd.
    Btw, maybe I can help somehow with my little c# knowing with adding thechnisat CI menu and remote support? :)

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Thanks.
    I have 3 channel types: FTA MPEG2 SD, Encrypted MPEG2 SD, Encrypted MPEG4-AVC HD.
    SD channels are fine even encrypted. No such picture stuttering as on HD. Discontinuity errors are present sometimes (once in 10 min aprox) but it is not so visibly.
    I'll try to test my card on fta hd channel in other place and other provider to understand if my system is capable for dealing with 1080i hd.
    I think that is a good idea.

Btw, maybe I can help somehow with my little c# knowing with adding thechnisat CI menu and remote support? :)
    I have fixed TechniSat CI menu support in one of my branches, but I haven't added support for their remote. An MP plugin for this would be nice. :)

mm

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    I have fixed TechniSat CI menu support in one of my branches, but I haven't added support for their remote. An MP plugin for this would be nice. :)
    mm
    I thought remote should be supported in IRSS but no idea where to start. Maybe I need to use ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll but I'm not sure.
    As for live Tv I'll try to change pci slot and buy SSD to eliminate possible overheating and hard drive issues. FTA HD channels not available for me now :(

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I thought remote should be supported in IRSS but no idea where to start. Maybe I need to use ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll but I'm not sure.
    ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll is for TechnoTrend.
    I think you probably need to find a copy of the Twinhan SDK.

As for live Tv I'll try to change pci slot and buy SSD to eliminate possible overheating and hard drive issues. FTA HD channels not available for me now :(
    :(
    Okay, keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom