Combining Foreign + English title doesn't work (1 Viewer)

vpupkin

Portal Pro
March 26, 2011
Yes, unfortunatly IMDb sees you as a foreign user.

That setting only works correct for USA users of IMDb+ (darn Amazon). I've got some ideas however on improving the detection system though. It's just not going to be easy to do so. Not that I mind, but it's a large investment timewise (complex regular expressions and such), and that has become a rare commodity for me this year. After next months work-conference things are looking up though.

For the time being, use the ugly workaround of the custom rename system.

Hey RoChess, is it something that changed recently (last week)? This setup worked for me for months, as recently as last week I believe. However, it stopped working in the last couple of days (I can confirm Dragons Forever showing up as foreign title). Are you sure it is location detection? I remember some time back (February?) there was exactly the same problem, and you traced it to iMDB changing HTML layout slightly, and you got it fixed in iMDB+.

Thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hey RoChess, is it something that changed recently (last week)? This setup worked for me for months, as recently as last week I believe. However, it stopped working in the last couple of days (I can confirm Dragons Forever showing up as foreign title). Are you sure it is location detection? I remember some time back (February?) there was exactly the same problem, and you traced it to iMDB changing HTML layout slightly, and you got it fixed in iMDB+.

That is very much possible.

I'm unable to see the issue myself easy on a USA IP, and ability to replicate is also severly limited. But fixing HTML changes by Amazon on the existing code is easy if I have the right logs to look at.

What I need to fix this is the following:

1. MediaPortal in debug verbosity log mode
    2. Moving-Pictures in scraper-debug mode (little green bug icon enabled)
    3. Reimport a single movie that fails, just one, because log files are a bitch to read otherwise (ideally wait a few minutes for all the MovPic background processes to finish, then delete movingpictures.log file and then start the import, this can be done from MovPic config to make it easier to have Windows explorer open at the 'log' folder)
    4. Provide me with movingpictures.log
    5. HTML source of www.imdb page, ie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062765/
    6. HTML source of akas.imdb page, ie: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0062765/
    7. HTML source of AKA page, ie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062765/releaseinfo

Standing by...

NOTE: Looking at the AKA page myself, it appears they totally changed the way it looks (does look better I must admit), so Amazon must have been playing with the HTML code again. Will see if anything appears broken for me as well (AKA titles is not something I look at closely as it is a hidden field for me that is only really used internally).

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, because Amazon finally grazed me with the updated AKA results I've been able to fix it myself. They have multiple servers and stager the updates sometimes, so I did not notice it until now.

Hopefully this will fix everything again for all the non-USA users.

@vpupkin, @kiwijunglist, please test v4.9.15

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    Ok, because Amazon finally grazed me with the updated AKA results I've been able to fix it myself. They have multiple servers and stager the updates sometimes, so I did not notice it until now.

Hopefully this will fix everything again for all the non-USA users.

@vpupkin, @kiwijunglist, please test v4.9.15

RoChess strikes again ;) I can confirm that english/foreign titles work again - great job as usual. Thanks!!

jake78

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's not working here in Sweden... there is a parsing error as you can see in the screenshot I attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 2013-06-17 , 21_18_23.png
      Screenshot - 2013-06-17 , 21_18_23.png
      107.9 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It's not working here in Sweden... there is a parsing error as you can see in the screenshot I attached.

That is messed up that the AKA page technical HTML code is the same in USA, NZ and vpupkin's country, but Amazon decides to use different code for Sweden.

The only way for me to fix that would be if I can look at the HTML code your IP recieves. Can you please do the 7 steps I explained above to get me the right logs/html-codes?

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    That is messed up that the AKA page technical HTML code is the same in USA, NZ and vpupkin's country, but Amazon decides to use different code for Sweden.

Could be English-speaking countries vs. non-English ones - I am in Canada.

jake78

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have attached the log file, the 3 source files and a screenshot of the result in MovPic after the scraper update today. It doesn't look like the screenshot I took yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 2013-06-18 , 20_24_15.png
      Screenshot - 2013-06-18 , 20_24_15.png
      94.7 KB
    • 5.txt
      190.1 KB
    • 6.txt
      190.1 KB
    • 7.txt
      60.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom