1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Command & Information Center | Page 13

Discussion in 'Tools and other software' started by Stéphane Lenclud, August 12, 2014.

1. Michaelhk

Michaelhk Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    I am using Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5 with windows 10, tired connect CIC when windows showing unknown USB device is say cannot connect/device not found(forgot the exact wording) and i have tired connect on USB 3.0(front and back) & 2.0(internal and back) port with XCHI hand-off disable or enable, searched online such error may fixed by replace USB cable but still cannot fixed after solder new usb cable and i have test it using milt-meter to make sure no short circuits.

Just last step have not done is, test it on other PC without USB 3.0........

Thanks for the advice :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,130 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    It's not so much the hand-off that you need to disable but it's xHCI itself.
    On my Asus motherboard BIOS I have an option called 'Intel xHCI mode'.
    That's the one I needed to set to disabled.

Alternatively we could ask Futaba if they have an updated firmware for xHCI support.

4. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,130 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Unfortunately it looks like your motherboard does not have an option to disable xHCI.

I'm not sure if and how that could be fixed in Windows. On this Microsoft Answers post that guy needed to fix his firmware himself.

5. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,130 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    @Michaelhk If you really want to get this working on that motherboard and have exhausted all other options you could try get a USB 2.0 PCI-e card. Then again it means buying more hardware.

• Like Like x 1
  6. eagle

eagle Portal Pro

Software-Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    @Stéphane Lenclud
    good news :)))) I tried the new installer and now it works. I havn't had time to configure it yet but I will do it today or tomorrow. If I run into issues I'll drop a message here :)

eagle

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,130 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Good to know, thanks for the feedback. What did you want to use it for again? Some CEC feature right?

Configuration can be tricky and time consuming at the benefit of maximum flexibility.

8. eagle

eagle Portal Pro

Software-Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    right. CEC is my intention. First I try to start the TV and put it back into standby. Hopefully I can switch it automatically into 3d mode as soon as Auto3d will has been started. But this is the second step

eagle

9. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,130 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Published v2.0.4 adding support for monitor brightness and contrast actions.
    Meaning you can bind keyboard shortcuts allowing you to adjust your monitors brightness and contrast.
    That's very convenient when you have a multi-monitor setup.
    Your monitors need to support DDC for it to work, most monitors sold in the last 10 years do support it.
    Some TV could support it too, in theory, but I have yet to come across one that does.

upload_2017-5-23_0-31-17.png

upload_2017-5-23_0-31-46.png

Last edited: May 23, 2017 at 07:06
    • Like Like x 2

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!