Tools and other software Command & Information Center (2 Viewers)

Michaelhk

Portal Member
April 28, 2017
Home Country
Hong Kong Hong Kong
What's you motherboard? What BIOS option did you try out?
Which version of Windows are you running?
Did you install you motherboard's USB drivers?

I got mine running on various motherboards from Asus, Aopen and iBase, notably:
  • Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 - though not on the USB 3 ports if I remember well.
  • Asus Z97-WS - had to disable xHCI in BIOS.
I'm running Windows 10 now but it used to work just fine on Windows 7 too.
Did you try if CIC could connect to the display despite the USB errors?
Did you try USB 2, USB 3 ports, front and back USB ports and internal USB ports?
Did you do an online search for that issue on your motherboard, brand or USB controller model?

Give yourself enough time to investigate the issue.

Did you actually solder anything? If that's the case make sure that you don't have any short circuits.
I am using Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5 with windows 10, tired connect CIC when windows showing unknown USB device is say cannot connect/device not found(forgot the exact wording) and i have tired connect on USB 3.0(front and back) & 2.0(internal and back) port with XCHI hand-off disable or enable, searched online such error may fixed by replace USB cable but still cannot fixed after solder new usb cable and i have test it using milt-meter to make sure no short circuits.

Just last step have not done is, test it on other PC without USB 3.0........

Thanks for the advice :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    with XCHI hand-off

It's not so much the hand-off that you need to disable but it's xHCI itself.
    On my Asus motherboard BIOS I have an option called 'Intel xHCI mode'.
    That's the one I needed to set to disabled.

Alternatively we could ask Futaba if they have an updated firmware for xHCI support.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Michaelhk If you really want to get this working on that motherboard and have exhausted all other options you could try get a USB 2.0 PCI-e card. Then again it means buying more hardware.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Stéphane Lenclud
    good news :)))) I tried the new installer and now it works. I havn't had time to configure it yet but I will do it today or tomorrow. If I run into issues I'll drop a message here :)

eagle
    Good to know, thanks for the feedback. What did you want to use it for again? Some CEC feature right?

Configuration can be tricky and time consuming at the benefit of maximum flexibility.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    right. CEC is my intention. First I try to start the TV and put it back into standby. Hopefully I can switch it automatically into 3d mode as soon as Auto3d will be started. But this is the second step

eagle

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Published v2.0.4 adding support for monitor brightness and contrast actions.
    Meaning you can bind keyboard shortcuts allowing you to adjust your monitors brightness and contrast.
    That's very convenient when you have a multi-monitor setup.
    Your monitors need to support DDC for it to work, most monitors sold in the last 10 years do support it.
    Some TV could support it too, in theory, but I have yet to come across one that does.

upload_2017-5-23_0-31-17.png

upload_2017-5-23_0-31-46.png

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Published v2.1.0 adding support for Noritake GU256x64x-39xx VFDs and optimised render time.
    Those Noritake displays must be interfaced using an Arduino Micro board.
    Noritake VFD pros:
    • Stable frame rate around 30 FPS
    • Arduino Micro USB connection is xHCI and USB 3.0 compatible
    • More brightness levels
    Noritake VFD cons:
    • Needs an Arduino Micro for USB connection. See picture below.
    Noritake-GU256x64-39xx-and-Arduino-Micro.jpg

@Michaelhk If you failed to connect your Futaba display and are still looking for other options you may want to consider that Noritake GU256x64D-3900.
    Be warned though support for those displays is brand new and I'm not sure how reliable it would be. As noted above you will also need an Arduino Micro to connect it USB.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That Noritake solution was upgraded to use a Teensy 3.2 board instead of the Arduino Micro.
    See that page and this one for more info on the development of those features.

I've now replaced my Futaba VFD with that Noritake VFD and Teensy 3.2 in my main HTPC.
    It's been running smoothly for about 24 hours already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom