1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Command & Information Center | Page 10

Discussion in 'Tools and other software' started by Stéphane Lenclud, August 12, 2014.

1. eagle

eagle Portal Pro

Software-Developer
    Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi Stephane,

same issue as on the old installation. Maybe it has to do with my X10Receiver.net installation. It loaded .net 3.5 during the install process from the internet. Unfortunately I have only an image of the Win 10 installation with X10Receiver installed. I don't want to install Win 10 from scratch again because I had problems to activate it. Maybe I'll write my own application in Java to use CEC. I have to work it out, how it works

regards
    eagle

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Too bad.
    Sounds like you are still not trying it on a clean Windows 10 install. Though I'm not sure why to would be a problem.
    It's possibly something dodgy with HTCIC, I seriously doubt anyone outside of myself is using it so it could be that all the machines I've every tried it one have something specific that's not on the average Windows installation and which would be causing problem.
    Did you try again the MSI installer I provided a few posts above?
    Is your Windows installation a 32 bits or 64 bits? What about your PC hardware architecture? Is it 32 or 64 bits?

For CEC usage you could look at the MP1 CEC plug-in (forum thread) and the Pulse-Height software itself and see if they do what you want.

4. Wbunaarf
    • Team MediaPortal

Wbunaarf Test Group

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    The installer in the first post fails for me when trying to download the VC++ runtime with the error

Code (Text):
    1. Setup has detected that the file 'C:\Users\htpcuser\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDE7E0.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' has changed since it was initially published.
    3. See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\htpcuser\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDE7E0.tmp\install.log' for more information.
    Using the MSI the installation succeeded but the application immediately crashes. In the event log I find

Code (Text):
    2. Application: SharpDisplayManager.exe
    3. Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    4. Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    5. Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException
    6.    at MiniDisplayInterop.MiniDisplay.TypeCount()
    7.    at SharpDisplayManager.FormMain.PopulateDeviceTypes()
    8.    at SharpDisplayManager.FormMain..ctor()
    9.    at SharpDisplayManager.Program.Main()
    and

Code (Text):
    2. Faulting application name: SharpDisplayManager.exe, version: 1.4.8.0, time stamp: 0x58c03a71
    3. Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1066, time stamp: 0x58d9f07f
    4. Exception code: 0xe0434352
    5. Fault offset: 0x000da932
    6. Faulting process id: 0xf30
    7. Faulting application start time: 0x01d2be01fb13ed14
    8. Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Slions\HTCIC\SharpDisplayManager.exe
    9. Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    10. Report Id: dc8da816-207c-4a1a-aa08-618373c877a5
    11. Faulting package full name:
    12. Faulting package-relative application ID:
    //W

Attached Files:

• install.log
      File size:
      15.9 KB
      Uploaded:
      April 25, 2017
      Views:
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    @Wbunaarf Thanks for trying it out.
    It seems nobody outside of myself can get it running.
    There are a few things I can try to fix it. I'm just not sure when I'll get around it.

I was planning to make a new release with DDC support at some point so it will come, I'm just not sure when.

6. Michaelhk

Michaelhk Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    Love to found this post today, as my imon come with my antec fusion remote max is dead(all blank) and looking part for repair but no luck...........

I am now can try to order a futaba display to replace the OEM imon, thank you!!!!!!

7. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    That GP1212A01 is available on Distrelec. Make sure it fits in your case though. You will need to do some crimping to be able to plug it to your power and USB lines.

8. Michaelhk

Michaelhk Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    I have a Windows 10 Pro PC, got same problem with Wbunaarf but when I check the VC++ 2015 (14.0.24123) x86 already installed (maybe come from Windows 10 or Windows 10 update), so I install the Sharp Display Manager directly and the program seem run without problem.

Now I am considering GD1212A02 or MDM166AA because I cannot find GD1212A01 nearby.......and concern about software display off :)

9. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Did you install it from the first post download link?

10. Michaelhk

Michaelhk Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    Yes, after click the "Install" got error, then directly try "Launch" finally succeed

11. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I'm running the GP1212A01 myself so it's likely to be the one with better compatibility. The other two should work just fine though.
    As I mentioned on that comparison page I really like the power off feature from the A02 unit but the frame rate is terrible.
    However what disqualified it for me was the high pitch noise though you might not hear it through your case. It was probably just bad luck, hopefully your unit won't have that problem.
    Also be aware that I've had problems getting the A01 unit to work on my Asus Z97-WS motherboard. I had to disable some USB 3.0 option in the BIOS to get it to connect.
    Moreover since I've not been using the A02 in a production environment CIC might not be taking full advantage of the power off feature. Though I could easily improve that.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!