Tools and other software Command & Information Center (1 Viewer)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Stephane,

same issue as on the old installation. Maybe it has to do with my X10Receiver.net installation. It loaded .net 3.5 during the install process from the internet. Unfortunately I have only an image of the Win 10 installation with X10Receiver installed. I don't want to install Win 10 from scratch again because I had problems to activate it. Maybe I'll write my own application in Java to use CEC. I have to work it out, how it works

regards
eagle

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    same issue as on the old installation.
    Too bad.
    Unfortunately I have only an image of the Win 10 installation with X10Receiver installed. I don't want to install Win 10 from scratch again because I had problems to activate it.
    Sounds like you are still not trying it on a clean Windows 10 install. Though I'm not sure why to would be a problem.
    It's possibly something dodgy with HTCIC, I seriously doubt anyone outside of myself is using it so it could be that all the machines I've every tried it one have something specific that's not on the average Windows installation and which would be causing problem.
    Did you try again the MSI installer I provided a few posts above?
    Is your Windows installation a 32 bits or 64 bits? What about your PC hardware architecture? Is it 32 or 64 bits?

For CEC usage you could look at the MP1 CEC plug-in (forum thread) and the Pulse-Height software itself and see if they do what you want.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The installer in the first post fails for me when trying to download the VC++ runtime with the error

Code:
    Setup has detected that the file 'C:\Users\htpcuser\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDE7E0.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' has changed since it was initially published.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\htpcuser\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDE7E0.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Using the MSI the installation succeeded but the application immediately crashes. In the event log I find

Code:
    Application: SharpDisplayManager.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException
       at MiniDisplayInterop.MiniDisplay.TypeCount()
       at SharpDisplayManager.FormMain.PopulateDeviceTypes()
       at SharpDisplayManager.FormMain..ctor()
       at SharpDisplayManager.Program.Main()

and

Code:
    Faulting application name: SharpDisplayManager.exe, version: 1.4.8.0, time stamp: 0x58c03a71
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1066, time stamp: 0x58d9f07f
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x000da932
    Faulting process id: 0xf30
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2be01fb13ed14
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Slions\HTCIC\SharpDisplayManager.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: dc8da816-207c-4a1a-aa08-618373c877a5
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

//W

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Wbunaarf Thanks for trying it out.
    It seems nobody outside of myself can get it running.
    There are a few things I can try to fix it. I'm just not sure when I'll get around it.

I was planning to make a new release with DDC support at some point so it will come, I'm just not sure when.

Michaelhk

Portal Member
    April 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    Love to found this post today, as my imon come with my antec fusion remote max is dead(all blank) and looking part for repair but no luck...........

I am now can try to order a futaba display to replace the OEM imon, thank you!!!!!!

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am now can try to order a futaba display to replace the OEM imon, thank you!!!!!!
    That GP1212A01 is available on Distrelec. Make sure it fits in your case though. You will need to do some crimping to be able to plug it to your power and USB lines.

Michaelhk

Portal Member
    April 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    @Wbunaarf Thanks for trying it out.
    It seems nobody outside of myself can get it running.
    There are a few things I can try to fix it. I'm just not sure when I'll get around it.

I was planning to make a new release with DDC support at some point so it will come, I'm just not sure when.

I have a Windows 10 Pro PC, got same problem with Wbunaarf but when I check the VC++ 2015 (14.0.24123) x86 already installed (maybe come from Windows 10 or Windows 10 update), so I install the Sharp Display Manager directly and the program seem run without problem.

Now I am considering GD1212A02 or MDM166AA because I cannot find GD1212A01 nearby.......and concern about software display off :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I am considering GD1212A02 or MDM166AA because I cannot find GD1212A01 nearby.......and concern about software display off
    I'm running the GP1212A01 myself so it's likely to be the one with better compatibility. The other two should work just fine though.
    As I mentioned on that comparison page I really like the power off feature from the A02 unit but the frame rate is terrible.
    However what disqualified it for me was the high pitch noise though you might not hear it through your case. It was probably just bad luck, hopefully your unit won't have that problem.
    Also be aware that I've had problems getting the A01 unit to work on my Asus Z97-WS motherboard. I had to disable some USB 3.0 option in the BIOS to get it to connect.
    Moreover since I've not been using the A02 in a production environment CIC might not be taking full advantage of the power off feature. Though I could easily improve that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom