Command Line options (1 Viewer)

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    To solve a problem for someone trying to run WebEPG from a different directory and find its files. I added a few command line options with which you can tell WebEPG which directories to use:

Vaild Command Line options:
    /webepg=[path] Path to webepg directory
    /xmltv=[path] Path to xmltv directory
    /config=[path + filename] Path and filename of WebEPG.xml

The "/webepg" should be the path to the directory with WebEPG in it (not including this level). If nothing is given the current directory is used.

The "/xmltv" is the path to the xmltv output directory (including the xmltv directory level). If it is not provided the first + \xmltv will be used.

The "/config" is the path and config file. The filename can be anything you want. This will allow you to have multiple config files and choose between them. If not given the "webepg" directory +/WebEPG/WebEPG.xml is used.

The directories used are now put into the log, to help with any possible problems.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    These command line options are particularly useful for anyone (like myself) who uses PVR Scheduler or Windows Scheduler to launch WebEPG for EPG updates ... thanks James ... :)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Taipan,
    At the risk of derailing this thread, why do you prefer PVR Scheduler or Windows Scheduler to MePo's PowerScheduler?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    why do you prefer PVR Scheduler?

PVR Scheduler provides much more functionality - it allows me to:-

- run a script to turn my audio amplifiers ON when the PC wakes up, but keep the ampifiers OFF if the PC is only being resumed for a scheduled recording.

- close MediaPortal before Standby and launch MediaPortal at a Resume from Standby

- run a script early each morning (at 3:00am) to defrag the HDD, cut commercials with Comskip, or update the EPG (depending upon the day of the week).

... :)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think this topic is quite obsolete, as webepg isn't an executable anymore (at least: the only thing I found was a dll...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom