Communication Breakdown between Client and TV Server in Single-Seat Installation (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Meanwhile I found your post explaining why localhost and 127.0.0.1 don't work.
    I now appear to have a reliable connection to the TV DB. Here is what I did:
    1. Gave the PC a fixed IP address and entered this instead of computer name in the MP client configuration.
    2. Performed an autorepair on the TV DB.
    3. Uninstalled MP2.
    Unfortunately, I am afraid the last step may have removed more than I bargained for. Whenever I try to view a channel, I get a "cannot create graph" error. A scan ends instantly with 0 channels found. It is also possible that this is due to my attempts to remedy the problem you responded to in this thread. I have attached some more compact logs, showing:
    1. An attempted scan
    2. An attempt to preview a live channel in TV Server Configuration
    3. An attempt to view a live channel in MP client.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Mmm, you're not having an easy run. :(

Yes, you can't use localhost unless you're using a very special loopback setup (explained in one of the FAQs):
    TV-Server FAQ - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

Unfortunately, I am afraid the last step may have removed more than I bargained for.
    Nah, I don't think so.

Log shows:
    [collapse]
    [2017-09-03 21:21:52,154] [Log ] [23 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Adding Digital Devices Common Interface 3 to graph
    [2017-09-03 21:21:52,154] [Log ] [23 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Digital Devices Common Interface 3 detected
    [2017-09-03 21:21:52,154] [Log ] [23 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Render [Capture]->[Digital Devices Common Interface 3]
    [2017-09-03 21:21:52,164] [Log ] [23 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Render [Capture]->[Digital Devices Common Interface 3] failed
    [2017-09-03 21:21:52,164] [Log ] [23 ] [INFO ] - dvb:add Inf Tee filter
    [2017-09-03 21:21:52,164] [Log ] [23 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Render ...->[inftee]
    [2017-09-03 21:21:52,174] [Log ] [23 ] [ERROR] - dvb:Unable to connect InfTee returns:0x80040217
    [2017-09-03 21:21:52,174] [Log ] [23 ] [ERROR] - Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: Could not connect InfTee Filter to last Filter
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.ConnectMpeg2DemuxToInfTee(IBaseFilter& lastFilter)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.CompleteGraph(IBaseFilter& lastFilter)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.BuildGraph()[/collapse]

In other words: TV Server is still having problems using the CI slot with the tuner.

The error code (0x80040217) is VFW_E_CANNOT_CONNECT, meaning that TV Server can't connect anything to the output of the CI slot.

The only suggestions I have for you are:
    1. Try using the generic network provider instead of the DVBC one ("preferred network provider" setting -->here<--). As the wiki explains: just because your tuners are DVB-C doesn't mean that the DVBC option is the best choice.
    2. Try various DD drivers.
    3. As the DD download page notes: "If you have problems with Windows 7 please check whether the update KB3033929 is installed, this is included in the normal standard updates from Microsoft."
    If those suggestions don't help, please contact DD support.

I recommend to stick with whatever MediaPortal installations you have because (1) the problem right now appears to have nothing to do with MediaPortal or TV Server or compatibility between MP1 and MP2 and (2) uninstalling and reinstalling generally doesn't help (actually, it often makes things much worse).

P.S. I will be away from home and probably unable to respond for at least the next 2 days.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The only suggestions I have for you are:
    • Try using the generic network provider instead of the DVBC one ("preferred network provider" setting -->here<--). As the wiki explains: just because your tuners are DVB-C doesn't mean that the DVBC option is the best choice.
    Been there, done that.
    • Try various DD drivers.
    This will take some time. I have a collection of 5.
    • As the DD download page notes: "If you have problems with Windows 7 please check whether the update KB3033929 is installed, this is included in the normal standard updates from Microsoft."
    Windows Update does not offer me this, presumably because it was included in the roll-ups which I installed (see this). Just to be sure, I downloaded it from the MS catalog and tried to install it, but it says it is already installed.
    If those suggestions don't help, please contact DD support.
    I have opened a trouble ticket, thanks.
    I recommend to stick with whatever MediaPortal installations you have because (1) the problem right now appears to have nothing to do with MediaPortal or TV Server or compatibility between MP1 and MP2 and (2) uninstalling and reinstalling generally doesn't help (actually, it often makes things much worse).
    Too late, I already performed a "Fresh Install", but left the user data when I deinstalled. The settings all appeared to be intact in TV Server, but I had to import the MP client settings, which I had backed up with the "Backup Settings" plugin. Unfortunately, Backup Settings complained that "Media Portal input device mappings not found", and I can no longer use my remote control, only the keyboard. The graph creation errors persist, even after disabling CAM in TV Server and even removing the CAM. I will try de-assigning the CI in DD Control Center and reboot
    P.S. I will be away from home and probably unable to respond for at least the next 2 days.
    We are going away for two weeks at the end of this week, and I have more critical things to deal with. I will probably just restore an image from before I started this whole CI/CAM stuff.

P.S. It looks as though I can avoid an image restore. After rebooting with CI de-assigned, almost everything works as before. Even the remote is working again. the only problem is that MPTray no longer recognizes my "green button" to start the client.
    Thanks for all of your help!
    P.P.S. After activating "Use HID keyboard" in MP client configuration, TGB now works as well. I'll just do without scrambled channels until I hear something from DD ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom