Community Mod - NexusMenuEditor FINAL 1.0 ** Update 08-10-2010 ** (2 Viewers)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Everyone!

I have now completed the next version of the Basichome Menu Editor, which has now been renamed to Nexus Menu Editor! This is because this editor now supports any skin not just the BlackGlass ones :)

Here are the detils please keep in mind that this is a still just a test release and it has been rushed a little as i have had lots of request for it, but it has been working quite well for me so hopefull wont be to many problems :)

This is not a major update just some bug fixes and things see the change log for details

enjoy!

NOTE: This is simply an update to the template files to account for changes in MP Info Service and new Fanart Handler, please update to info service 1.6 and Fanart Hanler 2.1.1

This has been tested on Win 7 x64 with MP 1.1.1 and the above version of the plugins

This will be the last release untill atleast next year as im very very busy in real life and wont get time to develop it, but when i get the time i fully intend to develop this furthe, here are a list of upcoming features...

- Remove ability to edit the font and difuse color
    - Add the ability for templates to have any number of customisable features via an ini file with access to these features with an advanced button
    - Add the ability to support multi level skins and grid skins
    - finaly complete the documentation so we can get some skinners to start making extra templates
    - change the way settings are stored to fit in with the MP config files

These features will take a while to implement and will require almost a complete rewrite of the code but i think it will be well worth it in the end :)

Like i said im pretty busy so it might take me a while to reply to any problems, I do no of some slight issues with some templates and thing overlapping, however im not a designer and dont have the time to look into these to much, but all you need to do to fix these is change the xml template files as required. Changing and updating the template files is a bit byond the scope of this project and this is what takes up the most time when updating, but ill do my best to support them.

cheers

KYLe

View attachment 61578

View attachment readme.txt

AME_Default.jpg movingpictures.jpg NovaHomeWeather.jpg

Attachments

• NexusMenuEditor_FINAL_1-0.zip
      13.1 MB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi All

A while ago I started my first skin based on the Theater Skin, but then i noticed this great skin and saw that a lot of the ideas I had of how I wanted my skin to look had already been implemented in this skin :)

However I still prefere a simple basic home screen rather than the current one in the skin, so I have now created a simple mod to change the basic home screen to a single horizontal menu with fanart backgrounds for each item.

The mod also changes some other very small things such as the time overlay to add in some weather and location information.

The mod contains a simple menu editor, this editor is very basic but it meets my needs, however if enough people are interested im happy to develop this further and make it more user friendly.

Thanks to Tgx for all the great work so far and hope you enjoy the mod!

hi kyleh0000! i like what you doing, i was abut to ask Tgx if he can mack a basic home mode ,this style ....so great you mack this mod ,
    and mach more thet you do the editor so we can put any thing we wont ... thank you and ,please do continu devlop it..and i agree
    the editor need to be more user friendly. :) ..i thing this will upgrate this skin ,and this skin is just great..

now for some probelm...i try to work it ... but mp crash if i try to go with kyebord errow to right or left ...
    it open o.k and see backdrops and if i push enter i go to the plugin o.k .. just if i try move like i say to other plugin ..it just crash...
    do i mising somting ?
    i just try to save the sample thet was thir to see how it look befur i mack it as i need...

and i also thing need some screenshots in the first post...

thank's :D

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    screenshots done:)

yeah i know the skin editor is very basic, but like i said it suits my needs but now i know some others are interested in it i will look to develop it further

hopefully ill get a chance work on this some time this week and get back to everyone with an update :)

cheers

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

yeah i know the skin editor is very basic, but like i said it suits my needs but now i know some others are interested in it i will look to develop it further

hopefully ill get a chance work on this some time this week and get back to everyone with an update :)
    cheers

HI ,Thank you....what abut the crashing MP if i use kyebord and mouse ? ... :)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

cheers

HI ,Thank you....what abut the crashing MP if i use kyebord and mouse ? ... :)

sorry no idea with that one, only thing i can suggest it delete the MP chace folder and try again, but i havent had any crashes with mine

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    sorry no idea with that one, only thing i can suggest it delete the MP chace folder and try again, but i havent had any crashes with mine
    hi kyleh0000 ! i try many time's i mast do somting wrong .... can you please try to mack the one i try to do ?
    im trying to mack this menu but still mp crash....
    ITEM=Movies;96742;movies
    ITEM=Trailers;5900;trailers
    ITEM=TV Shows;9811;tv
    ITEM=OnlineVideos;4755;onlinevideos
    ITEM=Music;501;music
    ITEM=Radio Time;25650;radiotime
    ITEM=Picture;2;picture
    ITEM=Score Center;42000;scorecenter
    ITEM=Weather;2600;weather
    ITEM=Plugins;34;plugins

if you scsess can you uplad the xml file her ...

Thank you ..

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    hi kyleh0000 ! i try many time's i mast do somting wrong .... can you please try to mack the one i try to do ?
    im trying to mack this menu but still mp crash....
    ITEM=Movies;96742;movies
    ITEM=Trailers;5900;trailers
    ITEM=TV Shows;9811;tv
    ITEM=OnlineVideos;4755;onlinevideos
    ITEM=Music;501;music
    ITEM=Radio Time;25650;radiotime
    ITEM=Picture;2;picture
    ITEM=Score Center;42000;scorecenter
    ITEM=Weather;2600;weather
    ITEM=Plugins;34;plugins

if you scsess can you uplad the xml file her ...

Thank you ..

i have tried these menu items but everything seems to work fine, i have attached my xml file but yeah i dont get any problems, looks like it might be something else wrong.

Make sure you are using the latest MP verison plus the latest SVN as thats what im using, im also on windows 7 + all updates

also try removing the entire skin folder then reinstall it

hope you can get it working :)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    i have tried these menu items but everything seems to work fine, i have attached my xml file but yeah i dont get any problems, looks like it might be something else wrong.

Make sure you are using the latest MP verison plus the latest SVN as thats what im using, im also on windows 7 + all updates

hi ,o.k now i see whay not work for me ,i use win xp & vista ,and MP 1.0.2 ..... do bad....
    you thing mabye you can also mack it work with Mp 1.0.2 ? or it to hard ?

thank's

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

hi ,o.k now i see whay not work for me ,i use win xp & vista ,and MP 1.0.2 ..... do bad....
    you thing mabye you can also mack it work with Mp 1.0.2 ? or it to hard ?

thank's

its to hard, the new SVN's contain some code that make it much easier for the focus items in the skin (allowhiddenfocus=true)

it is possible but i wont be doing it cause i dont think it worth the effot MP 1.1 beta is much better than 1.02 so for the sake of a few months untill it release its not realy worth the effort, but update to the latest MP and it should work fine:)

KYLe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom