[solved] Completely deinstall MP2? (1 Viewer)

Werner123

Portal Member
January 6, 2018
Home Country
Germany Germany
How can I completely deinstall MP2? If I use the deinstall function and install it again, I still have my old settings.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Remove the folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal". Create a backup, if you want to keep tuner details or similar.
    @Brownard Should we add this functionality to the new installer?

Werner123

Portal Member
    January 6, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After deinstallation I searched the entire harddisk and could not find a folder called ProgramData. There must be another place where my config is stored.

I ran into trouble with my tuner. That is why I specifically want a clean installation. Would be cool if that were part of the uninstall program. Think it once was

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After deinstallation I searched the entire harddisk and could not find a folder called ProgramData. There must be another place where my config is stored.

I ran into trouble with my tuner. That is why I specifically want a clean installation. Would be cool if that were part of the uninstall program. Think it once was
    The folder is hidden by windows by default. You need to change it in the explorer options.

Unbenannt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    you can find infor for this in our Wiki. I've no experience with Comcast, but basically the EPG setup is similar for any kind of channels. For cable and satelite the EPG is mostly delivered directly by the provider. Alternatively you can use xml based sources. I use for example the EPGBuddy, which is also mentioned in the WIKI.
    you can find infor for this in our Wiki. I've no experience with Comcast, but basically the EPG setup is similar for any kind of...
    Q1.) I have installed MP2 on my Windows 10 Pro computer. I have Comcast cable and set top box. Where can I find information about...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under Team Media Portal in PF X86. The net 4 version, as I indicated, is the one I installed. Or tried to. For completeness, I deleted the (empty) folder & the Team Media Portal folder (otherwise empty), and...
    Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under...
    1. Download MediaPortal for free! - MEDIAPORTAL Click "media portal 2", goes to this github link, which is a 404. 2. Downloaded the...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom