Composite SVHS input using TV server. (1 Viewer)

RocketMan66

Portal Member
March 16, 2007
Home Country
I have a Hybrid DVICO DVB-T Plus card which I want to use both the digital and SVHS inputs with MediaPortal.

I could not view the SVHS input with just MP installed, so I am trying to do it with the TV server.

I have followed the excellent video tutorials that show how to install the TV server and I now want to configure MP to accept my Digital and SVHS inputs.

The TV server is installed on the PC that has my DVB-T card plugged in.

I cannot get MP to display my SVHS input. I have tried to preview it from the TV server setup without success. I have also tried to display the SVHS input from MP.
I have tried all analog inputs, ie. SVHS, CVBS, RGB etc.

Is there anything special I need to do to get the SVHS input working?
Do I need to install a software encoder first?
Do I need to tweak any settings?

I have read through some of the chatter in the forums regarding composite/SVHS inputs and seen some of the suggestions there but I wasnt sure if the latest MP and TV Server builds (which I have installed) simplify getting my SVHS input working.

If it is not possible to get my DVB-T hybrid card to work, can I buy a basic capture card with a SVHS input and use that in tandem with my DVB-T card? Does it need to have a hardware encoder? If possible I would like an easy solution, I simply don't have the time to debug the MP config to get it to work.

My overall aim is to view and possibly control my Foxtel pay TV service (SVHS output) and also my FTA digital signal.

Many Thanks,
RocketMan66

steve reaver

Portal Member
February 15, 2007
Home Country
I have exactly the same problem on my compro T750, and am trying to do exactly the same thing. It seems like a no go at the moment.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    And you guys added the SVHS-Channels in SetupTV? (TV Servers -> Your Card -> Add SVHS/VHS-Channels).

Regards

steve reaver

Portal Member
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Tried that, and it does not work. The channels appear as the following;

CVBS#1 on 5
    CVBS#2 on 5
    CVBS#3 on 5
    SVHS#1 on 5
    SVHS#2 on 5
    SVHS#3 on 5

I put them in a group, and go to manual control and 'start timeshift' then get a pop up saying, 'unknown error' for every one of these channels.

Heaps of people seem to be having trouble with the analog parts of media portal I
    suspect that this relates to this.

RocketMan66

Portal Member
    March 16, 2007
    Home Country
    I have since moved on. I bought a PVR-150 card which has a h/w encoder. This does work. Hence I don't think I have any suitable logs to pass on. I will have a look through my backups and if I find anything I will send them.

Trozza

Portal Member
    November 8, 2008
    Home Country
    I have the exact same problem... I know this thread is a bit old now, but hopefully someone might of found something along the way...

All the features work fine with the actual software that came with the capture card, just not in media portal... Using MP RC3.. The digital channels all work fine, just nothing from the analogue side, and without s-video MP is basically worthless as I don't really watch much free-to-air tv. When I try to scan for analogue stations nothing comes up, no error or anything.

This is the error log that I got from tv-server when I try to preview any composite/s-video inputs.. (edit) just thought i'd clarify, not really interested in trying to tune in the analogue stations, just really after s-video input and from what I've read it comes from the analogue side of a hybrid card (end edit)

-----------
    Code:
    2008-11-09 08:46:34.890625 [SetupTv]: Exception in Channel.Persist() with Message The property named name of class TvDatabase.Channel was null (not allowed here).
    2008-11-09 08:46:38.796875 [12]: Exception   :System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
       at DirectShowLib.IFilterGraph2.Connect(IPin ppinOut, IPin ppinIn)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.AddVideoCompressor()
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()
    Exception   :Attempted to divide by zero.
      site      :Int32 Connect(DirectShowLib.IPin, DirectShowLib.IPin)
      source    :DirectShowLib
      stacktrace:   at DirectShowLib.IFilterGraph2.Connect(IPin ppinOut, IPin ppinIn)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.AddVideoCompressor()

2008-11-09 08:46:38.812500 [12]: Exception   :System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
       at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)
    Exception   :Attempted to divide by zero.
      site      :Int32 Connect(DirectShowLib.IPin, DirectShowLib.IPin)
      source    :DirectShowLib
      stacktrace:   at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
       at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)
    --------

Thanks for any help anyone can provide
    Troz

zanlation

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Have you tried disabling the digital tuner and using the analogue only? My hybrid Leadtek card would not allow analogue inputs unless I disabled the digital tuner first.

Trozza

Portal Member
    November 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply, just gave that a go, and still no luck.. I also tried disabling the digital tuner and clearing all channels, and then adding the analogue components again fresh. :(

Trozza

Portal Member
    November 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Also bit late in the game to be mentioning, but its actually a Videomate T300... I just opened the case up and read the card, and I just upgraded to XP SP3, and still no luck.

-----

*Edit*
    Since then I've reformatted the computer moved the card to another slot, re-installed everything, including downloading drivers from the compro website. Still got the same error, I then uninstalled tv-server and went straight to mediaportal to add the graphics card, when I added the analogue side of the card it said "cannot create graph"..

so thats the update so far, any tips?

-----------

*Edit Fixed*
    well fixed the problem, was a codec issue, it couldn't find a good codec to use and kept spitting out errors, I ended up using WinDVT [i think that is what it was called] Not sure, it was recommended in another thread that I stumbled upon anyway. But just for people who end up reading this thread down the track... I had installed xvid and a heap of other codecs from the Gordian Knot Codec Pack initally and it didn't work, I had to use WinDVT...

Troz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom