COMPRO VideoMate DVB-T750 PCI Tuner Card (1 Viewer)

BigCCs

March 1, 2007
Home Country
I have the same problem as GarethC - No luck get mediaportal to work with T750 :mad:

d1ck0

Portal Member
March 1, 2007
Home Country
T750 Card

did a fresh reinstall today. got everything sort of working.
Steps I took:

With t750 card installed from start.
XP +sp2 (c: 10Gb, e: 190Gb)
Nvidia Drivers
Dotnet 1.1 +sp1
Dotnet 2.0
Windows installer KB893803v2
t750 drivers (XP VMHybrid_1355)
KB896626 v2
KB885222 v2
SQLEXPR32 (SQL2005 express) - config as per wiki
Reboot
Configure SQL as per wiki
Media Portal_0.2.2 (did not modify the capturecarddefinitions.xml this time)
MediaPortal-svn--03-01-2007--20-03-rev13170
Server install - tvengine3-02-27-2007--01-18h--rev13135.zip
Server config as per wiki - detected all my Digital TV stations on the scan
Server Plugin - tvengine3-02-27-2007--01-18h--rev13135.zip
Open Mediaportal, My TV, all working!
Also installed the XBOX remote plugin.

Now the buggy bits:
1. as above all working fine, but then reboot, in to My TV, no channels displayed, and can not connect to audio/video stream. Open up server, check and all the channels are still there, rescan the tuner to local frequencies, then go back to my tv, all good again (untill a reboot) :confused:

2. Xbox remote seems to send 2-3 clicks instead of 1 click per press.

Will let you know if I can work either of these two problems out.

From what I can see, mediaportal looks like a terrific program to use - top score to all the guru's involved.

d1ck0

Portal Member
March 1, 2007
Home Country
As above

Fixed problem number 1 - Mediaportal was set to run at windows startup and was loaded before the TV Service had completed starting.

I disabled the Mediaportal autostart feature and created a bat file and placed in windows startup. The bat file has a 10 second sleep using sleep.exe then opens Mediaportal.

Also fixed problem number 2 - I had xbcdrc.exe running in the background - killed it and now all ok.

BigCCs

March 1, 2007
Home Country
After adding the lines to the 'CaptureCardDefinition.xml' i got 0.2.2 to detect the card and channels... But then it wouldn't display anything - just freezing when trying to select a channel.. I gave up on it.

GarethC

Portal Member
February 28, 2007
Home Country
One step forwards, two steps back..

Have got MP playing ball with the t750 -- MP finds it, and populates the channel information, but MyTV returns 'Failed to start TV. No tuning information for ABC/Seven/etc'.

GarethC

Portal Member
February 28, 2007
Home Country
Actually, it doesn't seem to be correctly finding any channel -- the same problem I had with TVServer. There's a bunch of other threads open detailing the same issue, hopefully somebody cracks it soon!

D-Man

Portal Member
May 29, 2007
Home Country
I've now tried tv engine 0.3 and 0.2. Both are able detect the card, but neither can find any channels. For 0.2, I used the following addition in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml:
<capturecard commercialname="VideoMate T750" capturename="VideoMate Dual A+DVB-T Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_c900185b&amp;rev_d1">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="true" bda="true"/>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"/>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="VideoMate Dual A+DVB-T DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="capture" name="VideoMate Dual A+DVB-T Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

This works fine for detecting the card, but under autotune I get signal strength full and signal quality blank and get no channels found.
If anyone has cracked this please tell what you did.

steve reaver

Portal Member
February 15, 2007
Home Country
This works fine for detecting the card, but under autotune I get signal strength full and signal quality blank and get no channels found.
If anyone has cracked this please tell what you did.

Ok firstly let me say that I feel your pain.... I am also a Compro T750 user that has been trying to get MP working nicely in Sydney... I've had just about every problem with MP and Antenna reception you can think of, but I think I have finally cracked it..... the last couple of nights I have watched just about every 1080 program that has aired.... :D

I have noticed that problem you have described here happens under a few different senarios.

i) If you have have Compro DTV software installed ASWELL as MP then the channels will scan, you will get full signal strength and blank quality and no channels will be found. Uninstall the DTV and manually remove the stuff from startup (the uninstaller is very lazy!), then reboot.

ii) If you have BOTH TVEnginve3 installed AND carddefinitions.xml setup for MP, then there will be a clash and you will get full signal strength and blank quality and no channels will be found. Choose one or the other.....

iii) If you have started MP and then quit it, when you go to scan channels you will get full signal strength and blank quality and no channels will be found. You need to reboot every time you quit MP or else the card is not found next time you start MP or TVEngine. This, I think, is a bug with the drivers or MP.

Hope this helps.....

D-Man

Portal Member
May 29, 2007
Home Country
Hi Steve.
Thanks for the reply.
I had already tried every variation of steps i) and ii). I have now tried your 3rd suggestion but still no luck.
I'm currently running a clean xp install with mediaportal and the default 0.2 tv engine with the modified xml as per above.
I am yet to try your 3rd suggestion with tv engine 0.3.
What tv engine are you referring to? If 0.2, do you have the same xml inclusion as per above?

steve reaver

Portal Member
February 15, 2007
Home Country
I was using TV Engine 3. If you are using the TV engine 3 you DO NOT need to use a modified CardDefinitions xml file, if finds your card via BDA drivers. However ever at the moment I have given TVE3 the flick and and using straight MP with the CardDefinitions xml in place.

I am still sure that the problem you are experiencing is due to the driver or card not being initialised properly.... I just noticed that Compro have released a new version of the the driver 1.3.5.7 on 28/5/07...... might be worth a shot....

Are you sure with step iii) that you took MP out of your autostart up ?..... Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, but sometimes the obvious things are the answers.... The boot up must be clean BEFORE you start the channel scan, then set up your groups hit ok and reboot again......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom