COMPRO VideoMate DVB-T750 PCI Tuner Card (1 Viewer)

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Sydney
Home Country
is there chance that mediaportal will release a version that supports this card?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Do you already have this card?
    If so, I would suggest trying it with the TV server and the latest Compro drivers and seeing if that works.
    Post your results...

Also, as has been pointed out before, MAKE SURE THAT THE COMPRO SOFTWARE ISN'T AUTOSTARTING.
    This will lock the card and stop MP using it.

If you are using the TV engine (TV v3) then you don't need to modify the capture card definitions xml file.

I have a compro t300 and a u300 which both work well. Not sure why there are so many issues with this car but I would have thought the issues would be solved with TV 3.

Portal Member
    April 9, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    hi
    yes i do have this card. But still can't get MP to work
    so i'm using ComproDTV to watch TV.
    i tried to install the latest driver but MP couldn't detect it?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Have you tried the new TV server in MP?
    I've suggested this a number of times, since it should be able to use any TV card that windows can detect.

On the Top left of the MP home page there is a link to the TV server. Follow the instructions very carefully to install this. I's quite lengthy, but much better results in the end.

Once done, right click on all the compro icons in the tas bar and close them. Should be the IR remote, the TV scheduler and I think the TV software itself. It will lock the tuners and stop MP accessing.

I think that should solve your issues, but will take some work. Trust me that in the long run it is very much worth it ;-)

D-Man

Portal Member
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I tried everything including that to get that damn card to work, but completely gave up in the end. I sold the card on eBay and have since bought a DVICO Fusion.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I don't think very highly of the dvico cards. They are pretty expensive and don't properly have BDA support.

Glad that yours is working now. My dVico dual tuner card is sitting in its box waiting to be returned.
    If you need a good recommendation for a tv card in Australia, check out http://www.digitalnow.com.au/.
    Their dual PCI Express card is much cheaper and much better than the dvico one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom