Comskip chapter skipping | Page 5

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by bigj, February 9, 2007.

1. KeesVDP

KeesVDP Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is a feature freeze, and why does it hate automatic chapter skipping?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. and-81
    • Premium Supporter

and-81 Retired Team Member

IT Consultant/Developer
    Ratings:
    +183 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    This is a good question.

The feature freeze is meant to mean that no new features go into MediaPortal while we hunt for bugs.

I am honouring the feature freeze by not putting in new features, others are not, which makes me look like a mean old man.

Don't get me wrong, the guys that are putting in new features are doing great work and I'm sure they are being very careful not to introduce bugs, but I guess it depends on how strict people think the feature freeze should be.

I will discuss this with the other devs and see what comes of it ...

4. KeesVDP

KeesVDP Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you. I'll be both patient and eager. Thanks for your work on this btw.

5. BestRip

BestRip Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    I am saluting you for honoring this "feature freeze"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have NEVER had so many problems trying to get a piece of software to work, even partly... and I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating it has been.................. after about HALF A YEAR I still cannot:
    1. Get HD-channels to work... neither sound nor images... (only a freeze up :( )
    2. Get any stable epg to work... only occasionally and without a trace of my understanding why...
    3. Or even get MP to start sometimes... OFTEN freezes at MP-startup requiring a full computer reset!!!...

In frustration I tried out "My Theater" that came along with my FireDTV box and it was running FULLY after about an hour of installation! ...however it was about as exciting as that too... :rolleyes:

Please make a stable MediaPortal!!! ...PLEASE!!! :)

6. The_Stig
    • Premium Supporter

The_Stig Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +426 / 5
    Please dont hijack other threads! If you have reports to make, post them into the right forums and dont abuse other threads!

7. mdsflyer

mdsflyer Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there and-81, just wondering if you could update us on any progress made with the automatic chapter skipping, i'm really keen on this feature as Comskip works well for me and it would really streamline the whole tv watching experience

Cheers
    m

8. The_Stig
    • Premium Supporter

The_Stig Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +426 / 5
    There isnt any progress currently. You have to stick with the version as described until today :)

9. and-81
    • Premium Supporter

and-81 Retired Team Member

IT Consultant/Developer
    Ratings:
    +183 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    As Stig says. There is no progress.

I have automatic skipping working 100% on my local copy... But I won't be introducing it until after 0.2.3.0 final is out the door. We're still in feature-freeze, and ComSkip support works. So I don't want to introduce any new bugs accidentally.

I'll post back here once we're out of the feature-freeze, but you'll know when it happens because you'll see that 0.2.3.0 final has been released.

Everyone's enthusiasm is well appreciated, but please understand that it would be reckless to make a change like this during a bug-hunting period.

Cheers,

• Like Like x 2
  10. mdsflyer

mdsflyer Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi thanks for the response, and i hope that the bug hunting comes to a positive conclusion soon!

Cheers
    m

11. erik1958

erik1958 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Is there anyone that would like to try an experimental implementation of realtime comskip scanning of dvr-ms files?
    I can not test because I can not record in dvr-ms

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!