Comskip chapter skipping (1 Viewer)

KeesVDP

Portal Member
May 2, 2006
What is a feature freeze, and why does it hate automatic chapter skipping?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is a good question.

The feature freeze is meant to mean that no new features go into MediaPortal while we hunt for bugs.

I am honouring the feature freeze by not putting in new features, others are not, which makes me look like a mean old man.

Don't get me wrong, the guys that are putting in new features are doing great work and I'm sure they are being very careful not to introduce bugs, but I guess it depends on how strict people think the feature freeze should be.

I will discuss this with the other devs and see what comes of it ...

BestRip

Portal Member
    February 20, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is a good question.

The feature freeze is meant to mean that no new features go into MediaPortal while we hunt for bugs.

I am honouring the feature freeze by not putting in new features, others are not, which makes me look like a mean old man.

Don't get me wrong, the guys that are putting in new features are doing great work and I'm sure they are being very careful not to introduce bugs, but I guess it depends on how strict people think the feature freeze should be.

I will discuss this with the other devs and see what comes of it ...

I am saluting you for honoring this "feature freeze"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have NEVER had so many problems trying to get a piece of software to work, even partly... and I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating it has been.................. after about HALF A YEAR I still cannot:
    1. Get HD-channels to work... neither sound nor images... (only a freeze up :( )
    2. Get any stable epg to work... only occasionally and without a trace of my understanding why...
    3. Or even get MP to start sometimes... OFTEN freezes at MP-startup requiring a full computer reset!!!...

In frustration I tried out "My Theater" that came along with my FireDTV box and it was running FULLY after about an hour of installation! ...however it was about as exciting as that too... :rolleyes:

Please make a stable MediaPortal!!! ...PLEASE!!! :)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Please dont hijack other threads! If you have reports to make, post them into the right forums and dont abuse other threads!

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there and-81, just wondering if you could update us on any progress made with the automatic chapter skipping, i'm really keen on this feature as Comskip works well for me and it would really streamline the whole tv watching experience

Cheers
    m

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As Stig says. There is no progress.

I have automatic skipping working 100% on my local copy... But I won't be introducing it until after 0.2.3.0 final is out the door. We're still in feature-freeze, and ComSkip support works. So I don't want to introduce any new bugs accidentally.

I'll post back here once we're out of the feature-freeze, but you'll know when it happens because you'll see that 0.2.3.0 final has been released.

Everyone's enthusiasm is well appreciated, but please understand that it would be reckless to make a change like this during a bug-hunting period.

Cheers,

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi thanks for the response, and i hope that the bug hunting comes to a positive conclusion soon!

Cheers
    m

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    Is there anyone that would like to try an experimental implementation of realtime comskip scanning of dvr-ms files?
    I can not test because I can not record in dvr-ms

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom