Comskip chapter skipping (2 Viewers)

dareh

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
Alcalá de Henares
Home Country
Spain Spain
Showing the different blocks in the timeline osd would be pretty too.
Thanks again.

I have attached a mockup. ;)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    sunsetdk:

That's just the sort of feedback I'm after. I'll put that change in right now.
    Thanks.

dareh:

I intend to put block highlighting in the timeline. I just haven't had a chance yet.

Thanks guys,

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2005
    Nordborg
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Showing the different blocks in the timeline osd would be pretty too.
    Thanks again.

I have attached a mockup. ;)

This is a briliant idea too :)

and-81 -->

In what file have you done this implimentation? I had a look for it, but coundn't find it? (as said i'm rather new to the source and C#)

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2005
    Nordborg
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Commertial fix

I have change a bit in the com skip part.

Now an commertial is only skipped if you an within a commertial block or up to 5 sec before.

If you press skip back the movie will skip back to the start of the commertial block. This works up untill 5 sec after the commertial block has finished (ie. you spot that you got too far or something like that).

Hope that it might get implemented in svn, or a change like this will get implemented.

if other want the new feature, but can't/won't compile the sources then pm me for the core dll (include mail adr)

René

broadscott

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    I have change a bit in the com skip part.

Now an commertial is only skipped if you an within a commertial block or up to 5 sec before.

If you press skip back the movie will skip back to the start of the commertial block. This works up untill 5 sec after the commertial block has finished (ie. you spot that you got too far or something like that).

Hope that it might get implemented in svn, or a change like this will get implemented.

if other want the new feature, but can't/won't compile the sources then pm me for the core dll (include mail adr)

René

Is this implemented as a plugin for Media Portal 0.2.2.0? I have played with the SVN versions, but they always end in frustration and me going back to a stable version. I downloaded the attached zip file but it didn't look like a regular plugin.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    no, it's not available as a plugin.

Have you tried SVN recently? There has been a lot of work going into stability lately.

Just for everyone's information, while there is a push by the developers to bug-fix I am not making any changes to the comskip support. But as soon as I get the green-light from the powers that be I will continue.

Cheers,

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've tried this and for some reason it's not wanting to work. Now I'm sure it's something I'm doing as I have a somewhat odd remote setup. I have to map all of my remote buttons to keystrokes with software from Keyspan. Is the key needed to trigger the commercial skip f8 or up arrow or something completely different that I just happened to miss?

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    You'll have to assign two keys in the "full screen video" key section. One key for next chapter and one for previous chapter.

I am recording some stuff right now, so I can't give you the exact names. Try looking at those.

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    Ahh, ok thanks. I had it working a while back but switched things around and couldn't remember HOW I got it to work. Thanks again, that worked perfectly.

Freak

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Does anyone know if this is still planned in the future?

dareh's ideas above for the highlighted bar is great, but either an option for auto comskip or at least a configurable button for next-chapter, which from my digging, doesn't appear to be a configurable option.

I'm reallying sick of having to right click with a mouse, and hit Next Chapter everytime there is an add.

A Key-Shortcut or AutoSkip feature would be an awesome addition to MP..

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom