Comskip chapter skipping (1 Viewer)

dareh

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
Alcalá de Henares
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi Freak, I think Aaron is still working on this, but right now you can map next chapter going to MediaPortal Setup - General - Keys and Sounds:
for example my configuracion.-

Windows - Fullscreen TVs(602)

Big Step Forward
Action = ACTION_NEXT_CHAPTER
Key = up

Big Step Backwards
Action = ACTION_PREV_CHAPTER
Key = down

Greetings
Dareh.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can set up a key shortcut yourself, but yes there are plans for improvements.

At the moment we are in feature freeze for 0.2.3.0. It's something that has been on for some time now, but I previously wasn't able to tell everyone because it hadn't been officially announced.

Once 0.2.3.0 is out the door I will try to get all the extra features put in.

Cheers,

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Aaron, thanks for your continued work on this. It's probably been mentioned before but just in case it hasn't i'd love to see an automatic skipping setting. Essentially if viewing recorded TV and a comskip txt file exists then the player will use these skips by default. Of course pressing the skip button currently does this wonderfully well but i think the auto skip would make viewing recorded tv very seamless.

Just my thoughts for you to consider,

cheers m

Freak

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the info dareh, however this doesn't seem to solve the problem
    I just changed the keys, as you suggested above...

I check my recorded programs, i click UP, the time goes to 3:11 (Not correct place for ad)

However if start over, and right click with the mouse and choose Next Chapter.
    The chapter moves to 0:58 seconds. (This is the first correct chapter point for my ad)

I just tried this on many of my ComSkip programs, and the keyboard shortcut is moving chapters, but not to the correct points as right clicking and choosing next chapter is.

Can anyone else confirm this?

As i'd be quite happy to wait for the AutoSkip and TitleBar improvements, but not having a correct key assignment is annoying me. :)

Using the Next Chapter button from the right click menu, it never misses, i mean it's always spot on the ad. But with the shortcut, it's never even close to being correct.

I checked another (According to Jim on PrimeTV) The first as occurs at 6:11
    using the up key, it moves the bar to 2:48 seconds....
    Using the menu it correctly moves to 6:11.

So i will ask again, is there another shortcut key, that is equal to the right click menu option 4) Next Chapter...

Because this isn't it....:)

Any help would be appreciated in solving this issue...
    Can someone else confirm this?

Thanks for the information and help though...

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You need to go into the configuration under General > Keys & Sounds (I think that's what it's called) and actually add a keyboard shortcut for "Next Chapter" in the appropriate window's shortcut settings. I hope that makes sense.

Freak

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    You need to go into the configuration under General > Keys & Sounds (I think that's what it's called) and actually add a keyboard shortcut for "Next Chapter" in the appropriate window's shortcut settings. I hope that makes sense.

If you mean what exactly as Dareh suggested before, than i have already done so.

Hitting F9 and then 4 is the only way this currently works.
    Or using Right Click - Next Chapter works.

Assining the Keyboard Shortcut to Next Chapter is NOT working (for myself) doing as mentioned above.

I noticed someone else mention it doesn't work in the other ComSkip thread too.
    So again it would be nice if somebody can confirm it.

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can confirm that it does indeed work when done correctly. I don't know about assigning it to a button that already has other assignments in the TV screen, but I do know that assigning the action to F8 (Next Chapter) works perfectly for me. When you hit up on your remote it is most likely only doing a big step forward not an actual chapter skip. I would at least try another key before giving up. Again, F8 is what works for me and is what is suggested in the Wiki but I imagine other keys would work.

Freak

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Thank you for the confirmation. (I went back and tried yet again... :)

I tried adding F8 as Next Chapter, but that also didn't seem to have any effect.
    The keys were defined in the Keymap.xml.

I did a manual replace word in wordpad of "Big Step Forward" with "Next Chapter". And now it works fine, not sure why...... But who cares it works... :)
    As it didn't seem to wanna change via the setup.

I will try and back track at some point, as it seems to be a small bug with my key mapping somewhere.

I noticed occurrences of Next Chapter and Next-Chapter in the XML initially (before deleting and allowing MP-setup create another) So i'm not sure if this could of been the reason.

But thanks for help, it's finally sorted.

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just setting up ComSkip. From MyTV - Recorded I can use the context menu to skip ads by choosing Next Chapter. I should like to map 2 likely-looking buttons on my Genius 810 keyboard to shortcut this. The kb sends to MP via Aaron's message plugin and a bit of home-brew code. Can I use this to send a suitable windows message (or doesn't it work like that?)

The buttons are labelled |< and >|

They don't seem to do anything at the moment. I coded them to do SendMessage WM_APP,24,27 and WM_APP,24,26 respectively to the message plugin.

hemi770

Portal Member
    July 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

This is a sweet development.

Only one problem I can find - it works fine for me when MP is running on the same box as TVE3, but if I connect from a client machine the hotkeys don't work and Next and Previous Chapter options aren't listed on the context menu.

Is this supposed to work with multiseat?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom