and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ArnoldGoat:

As long as the commands in the message plugin are set up for "next chapter" and "previous chapter" (they wont be by default).

hemi770:

It wont work on multiseat when viewing recorded tv from the database. It will work if you navigate to a shared folder with the recording and the comskip .txt file in it.

Work on this feature is on hold during the feature freeze because I need to make big changes that could break things. As soon as 0.2.3.0 final is out I'll be back on the case.

Cheers,

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can report the same thing as hemi770. The context window on a remote client doesn't have the Next/Prev Chapter options. Interestingly, when I started to view the same recording on a remote client, it remembered the point is was interrrupted at by the client on the server box. (Not sure if it's relevant as I don't know where PM keeps such status information, but username is same, and both machines are in a domain.)

jamal

Portal Member
    January 19, 2006
    Hi Guys

Great plugin - makes a real difference to viewing recorded shows!

I have a problem though - comskip isn't fired-up automatically, even though I have selected the "recording start" radio button. I am sure it's confirgured right as the Test button works ok.

I'm sure it isn't starting-up comskip as there is no log file or .txt file created, even once the prgramme has finished. If I run comskip manually, mediaportal skips forward and backwards brilliantly using the chapter buttons so I'm keen to get this last step sorted.

I have looked back through the changelogs and there's a line in there that suggests it's been disabled:
    " TVServer 09/07/2007 [17:49:54] and-81 added: Removed built-in ComSkip launching for the now long standing ComSkipLauncher Plugin"

Am I reading it correctly? Is it deliberately not working at the moment? Do you know if it will be long before it's re-enabled, or should I install an older version of the TV Server?

TIA!

James.

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you are using it with TV Server, in the server setup, did you click on 'Plugin' (not the + sign) and select it there?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    jamal:

The line in the changelog is about the built in support for launching ComSkip that used to be in there, but it sounds like you're using the plugin anyway?

Is there anything in your log files about ComSkip, any errors?

jamal

Portal Member
    January 19, 2006
    ArnoldGoat, you have hit the nail on the head - I'm an idiot! :) I hadn't thought to click on the Plugins label - I just used the plus sign and configured the plugin - without enabling it!

Aaron, thank you for clearing that up - I had forgotten that comskip used to be built-in so hadn't thought the changelog line could be related to that.

I've rechecked the manual on the wiki and enabling the plugin is mentioned on there - but linked-off to a separate page. I'm not making an excuse for my mistake but maybe it could be a bit clearer? I did have the wiki page open as I was trying to get it working but I just didn't see it :( I can see the wiki page is immutable so I can't propose a rewording.

Thank you both for your fast replies - I'll do as you suggest and enable the plugin :)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I encountered a problem while using the TvServer plugin and setting to "Recording start".
    It starts up but after a few seconds it is finished because it reached the end of the file.
    This means it's runner quicker than realtime/the actual show is recorded.
    Do you have any idea how to solve that?
    Perhaps we can slow down comskip or give it an option when to stop?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There is a live tv option you may need to set in the comskip.ini file...

live_tv=1

Hope that helps,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom