Comskip does not work on recorded TV (1 Viewer)

Gregor07

Portal Pro
January 31, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
My experience with ver. 0.81.069 so far: In some recordings comskip finds commercials perfectly - sometimes commercials are not found at all! Very strange. I would appreciate SJGs update.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm running comskip v0.81.056, I'm guessing this was the "current" version the last time I played with comskip setup. In general I get acceptable results using default settings for USA ATSC recordings and "run at end" setting. Have not modified my comskip setup for quite a while using the "Ain't broke Don't fix it" rule. You can download any earlier version of comskip from the download page.

You might want to poke around on the comskip forums to see if there are problems/fixes setting changes that might help. Each recording also has a RecordingName.log file that shows debug info from the comskip run on the file. This is just a text file you can open with notepad or any other text editor. Maybe compare log files "good" and "bad" comskip runs. But the real comskip experts hang out in the comskip forums.

You can also manually run comskip on any recording, open 2 copies of windows explorer, one in your comskip folder, the other in the recording folder. Drag/drop the RecordingName.ts file to comskip.exe and it will launch comskip.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Note that you need th supporter version of comskip to process HD recordings.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    never looked at the fine print on the HD comskip details. For USA antenna/ATSC 1080i/720p normal broadcast TV, basic comskip works. But MP is used in lots of different countries, so HD and comskip may have different requirements depending on your location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom