ComSkipMonitored 1.3.x.3 - LaunchProcess(): The handle is invalid (1 Viewer)

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi ccna55

Actually I originally created a separate program, which could be perfect for you, before making it a Mediaportal plugin. This original version is a windows service which scans your tv recordings directory looking for new .ts files and launches Comskip when it finds them. I ended up going down the Mediaportal plugin path but the separate windows service version has been in use on one HTPC for a long time, and the advantage for you is that it is totally external to Mediaportal so unlikely to kill TV Service. I will have to search for it over the next couple of days and send it to you if you are interested?

Regarding the batch file, I just meant for you to call manually comskip.exe from a command prompt with the name of a ts file once it has started recording. This is just for testing purposes and may or may not tell us anything useful. Debugging wise, the only debugging available in the plugin is regarding launching comskip, which it seems is not where your problem lies? Could probably send you a debug version if you think this is useful. Again, I'd need to find and recompile the code etc beforehand.

Regards

Johns11

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I like the idea of launching comskip as a service and separate program.
If you can find that it would be great.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions on this.

ccna55

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi ccna55

I've sent you a PM with instructions for the windows serice version. Please let me know if you did or didn't get it? At least with the Windows Service version there is no need for me, or users, to upgrade with each MediaPortal version so if it goes well for you I might make it available to others.

cheers

John

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
Follow up to previous post above,

i have had nothing but comskip issues in the past year not starting and or throwing an error (invalid handle)upon trying to start after recording's ended, However i hope this maybe resolved, after doing some more research in that i wanted to permanently remove the commercials from the TS recordings and convert them to mp4's to load on my tablet, i decided to load MCEBuddy, After I loaded this on my HTPC which includes a version of comskip and or point it to your own comskip.ini file suddenly my mediaportal comskip started working as it should.
I even went so far as to disable the MCEBuddy service and only use this when i wanted to convert and permanently remove commercials(not often), However now for the last 4+ days comskip is working perfectly in mediaportal even tho MCEBuddy is not running.
Lets see if it last, I have seen in past where it would work for days then suddenly stop.

just some follow up info for others in case.

Thanks,
ccna55

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
Spoke too soon, It stopped working again :(
But no problems running it manually to test in tv gui via plugin's, it works fine.

Errors in log:
[2014-04-06 19:30:09,278] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid
[2014-04-06 21:02:01,713] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid
[2014-04-06 22:00:03,902] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid
[2014-04-07 11:02:15,262] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid

I give up, Hopefully when i decide to upgrade mediaportal to newer version it will fix this issue.

Thanks.
ccna55

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom