[fixed] ConfigSetting for PathEntry not implemented (select a folder) (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I need the user to configure a folder where he can save downloaded videos via OnlineVideos. Since we do everything inside the MP2 UI - the user must be able to browse a folder.
    I found that MP2 core already has a ConfigSetting for this - the PathEntry. The only problem is: no UI was done for this as far as I can see.
    Was it simply not implemented yet?
    Am I using it wrong?
    Was there some work done in that area?

I know that we can select folder in Config when adding Media, so in general all we need is already available, just needs to be used in the right places?

Who can help me?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great thanks :)

It is for file only, folder only or both (configurable from code)?
    Could you make use of it within the BackgroundManager plugin as an example for testing?
    There is already a CustomConfigSetting for defining the path of the video background.

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It can be used for folder and files (at least that's what the BrowseFolder overload suggested). I have only tried it for folder selection.
    If you want to try it - use the latest OnlineVideos zip I have attached in the Spring Release thread or get OnlineVideos SVN ;)

In the BackgroundManager plugin, you need to use the PathEntry class as backing class for the CustomConfigSetting. Then it should give you the dialog.

Last edited by a moderator:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just for documentation:
    It would also be nice to create a new folder from within the browse folder dialog.
    The possibilty to create a new folder as well the option to select files or folder only or both might need to be an configurable attribute for this setting type, which is being defined from the code / plugin which it belongs to.

I'll create new tickets for these things once we switched to JIRA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom