[solved] Configuring TV Server to use NAS (1 Viewer)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm using MediaPortal 2.2.3 on a Windows 10 Home 64 machine. I need to keep my recordings on a NAS (Terra-Master F4-210) that is in the same workgroup and uses the same account that the MediaPortal2 Service is running under. When setting up recording directories I don't see a way to configure them to use a UNC path. How do I do that?

Last edited:

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    I finally got my NAS to show up in the Network area by turning on Jumbo Frames to max and changing from Auto Negotiation to Full Duplex Gigabit on the network adapter advanced settings.

dasfiend

July 30, 2020
    Home Country
    I'm seeing this issue even after updating the 2 network adapter settings above. Very similar deployment here, Win 10 64 bit home edition, MP2.2.3.

My issue differs in that I have mounted a network drive (M:\) and that isn't listed in the file explorer when I try to edit my TV Recording path.

User accounts shouldn't be a factor here as it's a mounted drive and is accessed by all sorts of other applications.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My issue differs in that I have mounted a network drive (M:\) and that isn't listed in the file explorer when I try to edit my TV Recording path.

User accounts shouldn't be a factor here as it's a mounted drive and is accessed by all sorts of other applications.
    Mounted network drives (like your M:\) are only available inside the current user's scope, so if you are logged in as "User1", the mapping is only valid there.

In contrast to the MP2-Server/TV-Plugin, which runs as "Network Service" (or "Local System") account, it doesn't know about your user's profile mounted drives. That's why you always need to use UNC paths for network resources, and no mounted drive letters.

dasfiend

July 30, 2020
    Home Country
    Thanks for the explanation.

Why can't we manually edit the file path? I would be able to use my network drive with it's UNC if I could type in the address. Going through windows network discovery services has been a pain with my shared drive via Ubuntu.

Thanks again.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you are not able to select the recording from TV configuration GUI, you might consider editing it directly inside the database. MP2 uses SQLite and you can use tools like SQLite Expert Personal, open "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.s3db" and change in the table "card" all "recordingFolder" rows to the wanted UNC path.

It looks like:
    1596473398817.png

But you should make sure to have enough rights on the share to allow MP2 to write there as network account (i.e. "write" to "everyone", or "PCNAME$" which is the network account of the PC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom