1.31.0 Conflict between madVR and MP ViewModeSwitcher Plugin (3 Viewers)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello all,

I found a possible conflict between madVR and MP ViewModeSwitcher Plugin.
    But, because it's hardware and specific config dependant, I would like to know if others users than I can confirm what I found.

First, it's only for users with ViewModeSwitcher Plugin enabled :

zz1.png

Second, it's only for users with madVR renderer enabled :

zz2.png

Then if you play a video file for example, Star Trek Strange New World Season 3 Episode 3 :

zz3.png

You should see (or not) jerks in video (at least with a Radeon 6600 XT or lower grafic card).

zz4.png

If not then, happy for you.
    If yes then please, tell me, I could provide a change for fixing this, with your help for testing that.

C.U.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    ooops, sorry, i think than viewmodeswitcher change the refreshrate too, but only the zoom.

i don't see the jerk on capture, can you point where you see ?

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello my friend :)
    As you wrote, "use internal refreshrate" is for refreshrate. ;)

This does not prevent the ViewModeSwitcher plugin try to crop video and/or remove black bars, even when madVR already did it before.
    I read somewhere in the website someone say something like : "disable ViewModeSwitcher plugin when using madVR".
    This is true except that, if you do this, and you choose EVR for liveTV, you loose the crop/black bars handling for TV.
    For seeing jerk or stuttering, try to watch the video where I posted (if you have got it), for some seconds, you will see.
    It is also easily visible when you have the script of the film credits (the writing at the end of the film.
    Otherwise, try it with some1080p (full HD) H264 MPEG4/AVC (MKV) files.
    Normally, you should see jerk if 2 process are enabled/used...

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi @framug
    as you noticed madvr is still very good for upscaling. if you use the internal mp view mode swirch function and crop it can conflict with madvr....
    if you run tv with madvr you can also crop the image with the zoom function (which is also very powerful but not self-explanatory) you have to play with it a bit to understand. have a look at my zoom setting as an example if you want to use it...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-19 114602.jpg
      Screenshot 2023-08-19 114602.jpg
      227.2 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    as you noticed madvr is still very good for upscaling. if you use the internal mp view mode swirch function and crop it can conflict with madvr....
    It doesn't conflct anymore but, this is not public for the moment. ;)
    if you run tv with madvr you can also crop the image with the zoom function (which is also very powerful but not self-explanatory) you have to play with it a bit to understand. have a look at my zoom setting as an example if you want to use it...

With my personal MP version, TV (and all .ts files, even if played elsewhere than TV recorded) are played by EVR, in France, all channels are at least, 1080p and EVR seems better quality (more realistic, doesn't give movie ambient when TV news are displayed for example) than madvr for that.
    All others video files are played with madvr then, I have the best of the 2 worlds. :)

My zoom config :

zz1.png

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    @daWooky :
    If you use madvr for recorded files, you probably have a problem with "bad or no recorded name in TVOSD", I suppose.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :) that may well be. i still use a old mepo version with own skin template...
    haven't noticed it yet, but it hasn't really bothered me so far.

live tv

madVR - 14-13-55.jpg

tv recorded osd with maybe missing text :) vs old ts libary file with the normal video osd..but i'm not sure if its exactly what you mean, though. :unsure::)

madVR - 14-29-54.jpg
    madVR - 14-42-38.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom